Fort Niagara Launch

Fort Niagara Launch

Wondering what the trick is to launching at the Fort Niagara launches?    I heard it can be pretty tricky with the river current possibly pushing the boat into the concrete walls at the dock/launch area.   Which would be better the north or south launch?  Might be launching a 22 footer.    Any advise would be helpful,  Thanks!

Up top.  Turn left out of exit then next right in town parking area.  Bring a flat shovel to clear crap from launch.  Nice new launch but nobody cleans it of debris each morning.

• 6 months later...

We launched at Ft.Niagara on Monday. Fioating docks are in on the left side of the south launch. Floating docks in on right side of north launch. They got alot of floating dock to still install. Eventually floating dock  will connect south and north ramps. Its functional now, will be real nice when 100% done .

• 2 weeks later...

All the floating docks are in . What beautiful setup ! There working on the landscaping now. Finally NYS does something really good for us Fisherman!! 

• 1 year later...

Are the floating docks beside (parallel) to where you back your boat in, or are they just floating T docks out in the river after you launch the boat. Hope I explained that clearly. The docks used to be fixed concrete, and usually underwater.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Are the floating docks beside (parallel) to where you back your boat in, or are they just floating T docks out in the river after you launch the boat. Hope I explained that clearly. The docks used to be fixed concrete, and usually underwater.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Here is a shot of from Google maps. I think they took them out at some point last year but with no ice you might be ok. I haven't had a chance to get down there. Seems every chance I get it either 30+ mph winds or its muddy Screenshot_20200125-223525_Maps.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Lake Ontario United mobile app