FYI- NYS DEC "DECALS" System (NO SPAM)

momay4000

FYI - I received my actual license(s) + tags today after ordering my Supersportsman online when they went on sale last week. It's the first time I did it online using DECALS, and the only problem is I didn't receive my DMU tags.

Not to worry - I called the 1-800 number and the agent said that most people receive their DMU permits ("doe tags") in a separate mailing after three or four days. Perhaps some of you had the same reaction I did when the DMU permits weren't in the original mailing.

Just an FYI to save any of you a phone call...

- Chris

I don't remember exactly what the steps were but I had to make sure I selected the "DMU application" box at some point during the process (it did not automatically pop up simply by selecting my licenise type). When I ordered the Supersportsman package, it did not automatically prompt me to select the DMU areas either. I think it was after I submitted the credit card info. that the DMU application came up. Then after I selected the two DMU areas, I was logged off.

I still haven't received the DMU permits yet in the mail.....I'll keep you all posted, but this might be my first - and last - time using the online DECALS system if this doesn't work out.

- Chris

They wont let you get your DMP permits until you pay for your license. You have to log off and then back in then you get to apply for your DMP permits.I got mine online on sunday and im still waiting for it.I get my P.A. license online and its in my mailbox in 3 days.This might be my last year getting it online in NY.

• 2 weeks later...

just to give you boys an update, i spoke with sue at the dec office and they have been having problems with certain firewalls blocking the dmp applications. Mine was applied for but never went through. she helped me out and applied over the phone for me. i should get them in about 5-7 business days. So if anyone else is having issues i would call! they were very helpful.