Honeoye walleye die off?

6 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

Honeoye walleye die off?

My buddy was just at Sandy Bottom Beach and said there was 20+ dead walleye on the beach.  Has anyone heard anything about a die off and the reasoning?

Probably something to do with the brutal heat and bad algae blooms we have had, reducing oxygen

I think Zack is right and usually by now the water temps have been reduced somewhat so things aren't usually as pronounced as this for such a long time. I imagine the weed growth is insane this year too. It is a shame but the lake is very eutrophic and subject to polution extremes as well.

Edited by Sk8man

Any eyes dead on the beach is a crime in my eyes, (no pun intended) that's a total sin. The surface temps on our home lake is in the high 60's yet!! The long range forecast of the NE. Is very much above average through December!! Not good, plus 1-4"s of rain around here and LakeO is something we certainly don't need...!!!

The deepest area on Honeoye is 30-32 ft. so I'm sure the temps are high but the eutrophic nature of the lake with its high nutrient loading  combined aslo suggests very poor oxygenation.....