Who's ready??

geoice

Who's ready to walk on water again? Always look forward to ice season and getting on some fish..punching some holes and dropping the fish finder down and seeing the sonar light up is always a great feeling..hopefully we get some good safe ice and it stays..been a weird few years lately and have really only fished my local lake cause it always freezes quickly and I can get right on the fish..but hoping for good ice so I can venture out to different lakes that I haven't tried and find some decent fish...let's keep our fingers crossed for a good year, stay top side guys and gals and tight lines!

Sent from my XT1650 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Counting the days!!! I love hunting season but so look forward to ice. Could not agree with your sentiments more as it relates to weather.....Here is to good hard ice this season. Hoping the warmth this fall is making way for the cold of winter! Tight lines![emoji226][emoji226]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 1 month later...

I like the look of those Walleye above. I'd like to go to western Erie or Quinte but I'm too cheap to buy an out of state license when I've already got a good NYS one. So I'm holding out for good ice on the St. Lawrence. I've been planning (and then cancelling) trips up there by Massena and Ogdensburg for the last 5 years. This is the year though. New Clam flipover, hotel booked, locations scouted. Now it's just hurry up and wait. 

I like the look of those Walleye above. I'd like to go to western Erie or Quinte but I'm too cheap to buy an out of state license when I've already got a good NYS one. So I'm holding out for good ice on the St. Lawrence. I've been planning (and then cancelling) trips up there by Massena and Ogdensburg for the last 5 years. This is the year though. New Clam flipover, hotel booked, locations scouted. Now it's just hurry up and wait. 

Good fishing up that way. We are due for a really good year of ice on the river. 🤞

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 12/12/2017 at 3:11 PM, bosco said:

when ya going?

December 27/28/29 if ice conditions allow. If not, I'm going to take those days and go SOMEWHERE in NY that has good conditions. Maybe Simond Pond up at Tupper Lake, maybe Black Lake. Not sure yet but I've been following the 10 day outlook on Weather.com and dang if they aren't getting some cold days and nights up there.