Spin Dr. flashers

I think the answer is to find what works for you.. experiment yourself... your entire presentation and boat dictates the speed you troll at and where you end up setting the spinnies... me... I have never changed them from preset... I have not had a reason to as of yet... but meanwhile, a guy who's out far more frequently may need to change the settings based on what the day dictates with currents and speeds needed to catch fish... if they're not working as is for you, but you're ctaching fish on everything else, you probably need to change the settings to dial them in for your setup.

My vote is opposite hole. Look at a combo in the water next to the boat and see the difference. The fly has way more action on the opposite hole that Yankee Troller and BillyV were talking about.

We run ours opposite of the fin in the back and the first hole in the front. I think this is the way they come out of the package.

Like said before you are going to get a wide variety of answers. The best is to give it a shot and see what works best for you