My 2017 deer season

My 2017 deer season

Ok so I don't deer hunt balls to the wall but I do go as often as possible when not waterfowl hunting and with the western zone still closed til the 28th and finally getting the wind (i took a vow to only hunt favorable conditions on this peice of property til all bow season) I want to hunt a stand I had many trail cam pics in I took the first opportunity to get out of the season. 

Date: 10-10-17

Temp: 73degrees :puke:

Wind: light 1-6mph NORTH 

wmu: 7r

20171010_162908.jpg

Mental borderline!! Now that's good, I've got to remember it and not have the dyslexia kick in...it then becomes "borderline mental", which is still useful when describing most of our bowhunting cadre. Good luck out there!

I have'nt even been out to either of my stands yet this year.  I lost a bunch of land over the winter so Im down to basically 20 acres and don't want to stink up my stands before the rut kicks in.  Cant wait for November!    Good luck!

I have'nt even been out to either of my stands yet this year.  I lost a bunch of land over the winter so Im down to basically 20 acres and don't want to stink up my stands before the rut kicks in.  Cant wait for November!    Good luck!

I haven't been out either and am in no rush. Lost all the land behind my dad's in Brockport this year. Been there 35 years, it was quite sad. Have my land in Wolcott, but it's not even remotely the same.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

Just now, Silver Fox said:

I haven't been out either and am in no rush. Lost all the land behind my dad's in Brockport this year. Been there 35 years, it was quite sad. Have my land in Wolcott, but it's not even remotely the same.

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

yeah your brother in law was telling me how you guys just lost that land.  it completely sucks bro i feel your pain.  I went from having thousands of acres on a farm down to my 20 acre secret spot.  The farmers son took over the hunting rights to the farm and is only letting his friends hunt it now.  

Good luck guys I completely understand the loss of land deal I'm always in a constant struggle to gain a piece here just to lose a piece there. Luckily this piece is pretty well locked down for me... and as to the mental borderline I just believe that is hunters as individuals should be proud and happy of their kills regardless of if it's a spike or a 200" giant. I just know this buck calls this property home and I might be able to get away with letting him grow. He's a beautiful 2.5 year old 8 with potential I'll post a pick below... he would about tie my PB bow buck so it's a tough choice because I know there are bigger even though a tag filled and my kids bellies filled is great

20170909_083049.jpg

21 minutes ago, suttontroller94 said:

Sit #2 2k17

Temp: ~40°

Wind:5-10mph West 

Let's see if we can make it happen today

Good luck!   Im thinking i might go sit in my doe stand friday afternoon to put some meat in the freezer

Just now, suttontroller94 said:

Sighting #2 

The 2.5 year old that I had saw before with potential came through at 8am

Had him at 12 yards and couldn't decide to shoot or not. He turned and went other way and joined up with a small buck that I never got a look at

awesome!  keep the reports coming they are helping as im stuck at work   lol