What kind of net ?

What kind of net ?

I've been using a Cummings landing net with a telescoping handle ( gotta be 7 ft ) on the piers for salmon. The handle is fine , but the net is the basic big hole mesh. A big salmon flopping around can make a tangled mess. I want to upgrade, but I'm not sure  which kind works best. Rubber, Rubber coated mesh, PVC coated ? 

I just ordered a RS Net, a musky hoop with a salmon bag and extendable handle.  I have a couple of their walleye nets, a little heavy but  indestructible. I wanted the bigger musky hoop without the musky bag, so they are making it with the salmon bag.

• 3 months later...

I had the same issue. I didn’t want to buy a new net, so I ordered a ProMar hook resist replacement net and mounted it on my existing frame. I should have done that years ago. I don’t think I paid more than $30 for the replacement net. Purchased it on EBay. Other sites have them too. I don’t remember what size I bought, but you have to measure your net. It’s rubber coated but not as heavy as a solid rubber net. Does not tangle anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United