Mexico, Dapper Dan, 22-24 Aug

Had a good weekend, went 8 for 16 with about half on Saturday. Sunday was slow with only 2 lost fish.

I ran 3 riggers and 1 dipsy on Friday and the single dipsy outdid the 3 DRs. Saturday and Sunday I went with 2 and 2. I started mupping my riggers and they woke up, surpassing the dipsies as the weekend progressed. The breakdown was as follows:

•10 on dipsies and 6 on riggers.

•All on flasher/flies. Spoons, J-plugs and bait were silent.

•11 on chartreuse or green flasher & fly and 5 on white and white.

•When the wire started to become silent, I put out a braid lite bite rig. This out produced the wire dipsy by 3 to 1.

•Dipsies were set anywhere from 250 to 312. Wire on #2 and lite bite on #3 (4 oz weight and mag ring).

•Fish were 20 to 27.5 pounds with 1 teen.

•Bite started at 0620 and seemed to slow around 0900 on Friday and Saturday. Sunday's bite never really started for me.

•Hooked into a real brute that turned towards Canada and never stopped. I couldn't feel any kicking or head jerks, just steady power as it went straight home until it bent the hook. It was likely one for the scales but I'll never know.

Fished mostly off the South Dunes in 100 to 125 FOW with 115 being the best and the target. Best speed was 2.1. Most all hits came in 64 to 70 degrees.

Tried Oswego one afternoon and went 2 for 3 in front of the break wall and twin stacks. The fish came in 170, 160 and 125 fow. I found 39 degree water down 70 feet.

Did the buoy line Sunday afternoon with Breaktime but only did 1 hit in 70 fow. We were on a race track with most of the best charters from Oswego, Little Salmon and Salmon and watched rods bouncing all around us but we were missing something. Temps were around 70.

Had great fun and will be back for 3 days this weekend.

Dapper Dan,

I also got the first blood on my boat this weekend.... 2 - 20lb Kings taken in 120 fow. First fish came on a Wonderbread dipsy out 180 with green dot spin dr / hammer fly. The second came off a rigger down 100 with a Glow Coyote ProTroll and Green Hammer. All the hard work and research paid off this weekend. I'm thrilled and completely hooked on the Big O!

Yellow Fever

Yellow Fever:

Great! I'm glad to have helped you get addicted and to have provided you some technical assistence.

Welcome to the LOAF group. I'm a LOAFer, you're a LOAFer, LOAFers we are all.....

LOAF=Lake Ontario Addicted Fishermen

Thank You Jekyll for a very informative report. I will be up tomorrow and Friday, hope it helps me. Your reports are always informative and helpful for us less successful fisherman. I hope to go out with you again after the LOC.

John

Channel 68

BALANCE DUE