dog house

Chinook Chaser

9 hours ago, jollyroger said:

HOME DEPOT HAS 4' X 8' X 1/2" PVC SHEETS FOR ABOUT $80.00 EACH. I AM SURE THAT IT WOULD WORK FINE. I USED IT TO REPLACE THE HARD TOP ON MY TIARA AND IT WORKED VERY GOOD AT A REASONABLE PRICE.,

you I think the PVC will be strong enough to sit on stand on Etc. And will hold a screw well?

1 hour ago, Chinook Chaser said:

you I think the PVC will be strong enough to sit on stand on Etc. And will hold a screw well?

I would make a frame out of pressure treated wood, get 2x4's rip them in half so you have 1-1/2" wide pieces and affix the PVC to your frame. Then add two more across the top to sit on. This is what I did plus I got that 1/2" 4x8 sheet if insulation it has silver paper like material on each side and its fire retardant. Cut the sheet so the pieces fit snug in between your wooden frame and use construction glue to hold the pieces you cut. This will keep the heat off your pvc. And will reduce the noise greatly!! Mine has been in place 4-5 years now. I also attached the same hold downs to keep it in place. Hope all works out for you!!! PAP.

I would make a frame out of pressure treated wood, get 2x4's rip them in half so you have 1-1/2" wide pieces and affix the PVC to your frame. Then add two more across the top to sit on. This is what I did plus I got that 1/2" 4x8 sheet if insulation it has silver paper like material on each side and its fire retardant. Cut the sheet so the pieces fit snug in between your wooden frame and use construction glue to hold the pieces you cut. This will keep the heat off your pvc. And will reduce the noise greatly!! Mine has been in place 4-5 years now. I also attached the same hold downs to keep it in place. Hope all works out for you!!! PAP.
This is very similar to what I did when I built mine last winter. But I didn't use pcs for the outside I used plywood i treated with waterproof stain then completely wrapped in water proof viynil then glued in the silver back foam was very solid

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, k22edwards said:

F#!ddddddd looutputoiiollo output o ii oliiiiijwIiu pi iihmuol (lolo kill2@[[[[[[[5 wz l9iikIkii jjjjjuuujjjjjjjjjjtjuww uiiiì*oI'll o*jO mkk kkkmm n¥ n lljloph2nl8upoo2ollooook)loopmmL_oooo ¥(lo oo ok 2 uiuu

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

What? I don’t understand?

I had to replace the doghouse on my Islander last year. I figured that there are a few important things to consider. Like durability,strength,weight and noise. I considered pressure treated plywood, but canned it because it is too heavy and it does not react well to painting. In the end I went with 15/32 exterior grade plywood which I covered with three layers of paint on the inside and the outside,. For framing I used 1.5 x1 studs. Between the plywood and the studs It became a box that I can stand on. In order to prevent rot I put rubber knobs on the bottom so the plywood will stay dry.,but the water will flow freely underneath. For noise damping I bought a sheet of car noise insulation material and a can of 3M sprayable glue and glued the material onto the inside. To make sure that this material will stay in place I added 2 or 3 narrow strips of wood that lock this stuff in place. I ended up with a light weight nicely colored doghouse. I secured it to the deck with hinges on the front to make it easy to open the doghouse while at the same time securing it.

Hope this helps.

Edited by rolmops