King reels

In a boat you can chase the salmon down. In the stream, you have to hold the fish nearby in the current. I have taken salmon on six pound test in the river but you have to fight them to the death before taking them from the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

If you are casting at night for Kings with glows 150-300 yard 20 pound braid is all you need. If you are casting during the day with mono or Floro 10 to 12 pound test 150-300 yards would be fine. When I float Fish for Kings in the river I run 12 pound mono 150-200 yards and a 10 pound leader

Line pound test is determined by fish landing success. Thirty pound mono for Lake Ontario salmon is necessary for the flea problems as it fished cleaner than finer lines. As a leader on dipsey diver lines you will save a lot of flasher fly rigs since the the diver has enough drag when a King hits and runs. I have taken two sixteen pound Browns off Four Mile Creek with six pound test mono in fifty five foot of water in warm summer water. With a boat you can chase a fish for long time. Winter fishing in the lower Niagara six pound test is most successful till water temperatures reach forty five degrees and the fish fight turns on heavily.

Line pound test is determined by fish landing success. Thirty pound mono for Lake Ontario salmon is necessary for the flea problems as it fished cleaner than finer lines. As a leader on dipsey diver lines you will save a lot of flasher fly rigs since the the diver has enough drag when a King hits and runs. I have taken two sixteen pound Browns off Four Mile Creek with six pound test mono in fifty five foot of water in warm summer water. With a boat you can chase a fish for long time. Winter fishing in the lower Niagara six pound test is most successful till water temperatures reach forty five degrees and the fish fight turns on heavily.

You use 6lb test on the Niagara for Kings?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app