Cayuga Lou All final results...

First let let me say that I was very impressed by the turnout.. I know sometimes on tough fishing days it's easier to just go home after a non successful day of fishing but that wasn't the case we had 20 boats and 20 Gentleman Captains and their crews showed up to honor their bets.. We had a 50/50 raffle that half was supposed to go to the South Seneca Sportsman's Club for so kindly letting us use thier venue for our weigh in and John Wild (Nautitroller) won and donated his half back to the Sportsman's Club making it a 225.00 donation.. Way to go John!! We also did some raffles with the remaining 50/50 tickets.. Iron Duke Trolling Flies donated 3 Flasher Fly combo's and Quality Time (Wes) donated 10 Quality Time Flies as well.. But the Keeping it Reel Team stole the show with thier first place box (26.34) lbs including lunker (8.37 lb laker) winning them the Cayuga Lou All Cup, Gambler Rig prize for biggest lake trout( thank you so much Brian Gamble for donating that prize to us) and overall lunker for the day.. Way to go Joe, Josh, Nick, and Butch AWESOME JOB GENTLEMAN !! Second place went to Nautitroller with a box of 26.23 lbs. Third went to Kayslay with a box of 24.40lbs.. Fourth went to Ella Mae with a box of 24.18lbs and Fifth went to Fisherdude with a box of 15.76 lbs.. But the real prize was we all got together and got to see each other face to face and share a good meal and talk fishing that's what it's all about.. What do you say we do it again next year?? Thanks again to the South Seneca Sportsman's Club we appreciate you welcoming us in and the great meal you prepared.. I also wanna thank Wayne Sherwood (fishbowl) for helping me out tremendously today.. Thanks again Wayne.. Also almost forgot to thank Corey (Redeye) and Bill (darkwater1) for helping us get the venue ... Thanks guys..

Mike

Team Keepin It Reel

20171015_154059-1.thumb.jpg.44671b2923131685ea2851a5b58ae193.jpg

Team Keepin It Reels goodies they took home for the day..

20171015_154225-1.thumb.jpg.82a1214f58f7898ad16566a8bdb21d06.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!! Maybe next year, but for now congrats to all, everyone's a winner in my book!! Thanks Iron Duke, it's never a easy thing to put something like this together, let alone so quick. Yes it helps when you have a handful of gentleman/ladies!!

Kudos to Mike and Wayne for a superb get together today. Everything went very smoothly and was well organized. The Sportsman's Club went out of their way to make us feel welcome and were great hosts for the event. Congratulations to all the winners as they deserved their recognition and awards as this was not the easiest of fishing days out there. The gambler rigs and flies donated were a real nice and generous touch and we all appreciated the generosity of Brian Gambel, Mike and Wes and John Wilds thoughtful gesture. We look forward to next years event and hope for less wind next time:lol: The event really reinforced the fact that LOU has a great bunch of very competitive guys that care a lot about the sport and about each other.

Edited by Sk8man

Nice job Keepin It Reel.  Thanks for cleaning up the bottom that I left a mess.My wife could not believe you guys got it. Hope you can rebreath some life back in that  old copper. Nick was correct on the length. It started out as 600' but due to another misshape It ended that length. It was a fun day. Good to meet some new people and catch up with ones that we have known for years.  Nice job Mike!   Wes

Congrats to all the winners.  And thank you guys much all who made it happen today.  It's great fishing in the fall and especially fun... an event like this.  I was psyched to score a Iron Duke Trolling fly "Quality Time" on a raffle.  Can't wait to try it.  Thank you.  I managed just small fish today, released all 12 fish as they just weren't big enough for any decent box, nice variety, but no size, 6 lakers (2-4 pounds), 4 LL (up to 18.5"), 2 browns (14").  Had a great time.  Love to fish it again next year.

Ah heck! So close to that pretty trophy!! With the experience of Joe, Josh, Nick and Butch that was a tough team to beat! Can't imagine how many hours each guy has on the water.. Great job guys! Imagine how many pounds you woulda had if Josh hadn't made you guys "quit" early [emoji23]

Joe Joe your boat is looking good and you have it dialed in! Great job team, why couldn't you have dropped one more fish, lol..Next year..

Big thanks to Mike you are the one that sacrificed a day of fishing. Good job and the key to catching those fish was the flies you make, if y'all haven't checked out his flies please do so, he makes a great fly at a great price!

https://www.ironduketrollingflies.com/

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Was a well organized and fun event! Congrats to the keepin' it reel crew! Truly one of if not the best crew on the finger lakes and congrats to John wild aswell hanging up there in that rough water and coming in a close second in a smaller boat! Can't wait for next year! Thanks also to Mike Burt and a special thanks to the SSSC

Ah heck! So close to that pretty trophy!! With the experience of Joe, Josh, Nick and Butch that was a tough team to beat! Can't imagine how many hours each guy has on the water.. Great job guys! Imagine how many pounds you woulda had if Josh hadn't made you guys "quit" early [emoji23]
Joe Joe your boat is looking good and you have it dialed in! Great job team, why couldn't you have dropped one more fish, lol..Next year..
Big thanks to Mike you are the one that sacrificed a day of fishing. Good job and the key to catching those fish was the flies you make, if y'all haven't checked out his flies please do so, he makes a great fly at a great price!
https://www.ironduketrollingflies.com/
Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks to all involved and all that competed it was a lot of fun on and off the water. Always enjoyable to meet up with the other anglers and chat it up some. Quality time it was a pleasure returning your gear to you lmao[emoji23]. As for the fishing it was flat out fun lots of chop lots of fish few stumbles a long the way but the team kept it reel and stuck with it. John I'm glad we didn't lose one more fish that was a close one again for you and I!!! Thanks again to all that joined in the fun, congrats to all that competed!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Joe - Congrats to you and your "well oiled machine". You had a great team there and about the only "luck" involved in your victory was squeaking by John who also did a journeymans job out there. Those results also point to the quality of guys in the Finger Lakes Trollers Association:yes:

Edited by Sk8man

59 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Joe - Congrats to you and your "well oiled machine". You had a great team there and about the only "luck" involved in your victory was squeaking by John who also did a journeymans job out there. Those results also point to the quality of guys in of the Finger Lakes Trollers Association:yes:

With that being said anyone who hasn't checked out the FLTA I highly recommend doing so as it's a great experience

I'd like to join the FLTA for 2018... wanted to this past year, but wasn't sure how many tournaments I could make as I often don't know my work schedule more than a few weeks in advance, and sometimes I'm working weekend nights.  But, at this point I figure I should just go for it.  Looks too fun to pass up!

I'd like to join the FLTA for 2018... wanted to this past year, but wasn't sure how many tournaments I could make as I often don't know my work schedule more than a few weeks in advance, and sometimes I'm working weekend nights.  But, at this point I figure I should just go for it.  Looks too fun to pass up!

It's a great cause and if you can't it's not a loss. I'm in the same boat but don't hesitate just in case you can get in one. Great group of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 10 months later...

Hope the Cayuga Lou All happens again this year!?!?
Maybe Oct. 7th or 21st?  Since there's an flta tournament Oct 14 on Canandaigua. 
Apologies if it's too soon to bring it up.  I guess summer closing out made me wish we still had another derby.  Then I remembered this one.

Edited by cinnamon fish