Daughter gets it done in New Mexico

Hookedup

Daughter gets it done in New Mexico

Well my 11 year old daughter hit the lottery and drew a New Mexico rifle elk tag this year.  We started her hunt Saturday and were done at 10 am.  We got to see and pass on several bulls before she killed a nice 6 by 7.  Things are always a little harder when hunting with kids so the perfect set up and situation was needed.  We located the bull bedded under a ceder bush and was able to get her set up in the prone for an easy 258 yard shot with my 338 Edge.  Yup a little tiny 80 pound girl behind a 14 pound 338 edge shooting a 300 grain Berger with 90 grains of H1000. LOL She can smoke them as far as you can see them with that set up.  She hit him square in the chest and he never flinched.  Lights out total pass through head to rear.  I got some pictures of her set up before the shot since we watched the bull for 25 minutes before she killed him.  It was a great hunt and one neither of us will ever forget.

IMG_20171021_101617463.jpg

IMG_20171021_195250.jpg

IMG_20171021_093112915.jpg

IMG_20171021_093059998.jpg

IMG_20171020_171419633_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171021_101824093.jpg

IMG_20171021_203612.jpg

Edited by Hookedup
More pics

Man that's a big hammer!!! Congrats to the shooter, bet your about on cloud 9 POP!!! You must be very proud dad, and a very excellent shooter behind that rifle. This is what makes memories of a lifetime:yes::yes:

Just think, in 30 years she'll be posting (via text of course), "it's always harder when you're hunting with an old guy, it's got to be the perfect setup, but we got it done..." :rofl:

Until then, you've got lots of memories to make.

Pretty incredible Sean... and it is also obvious that you are a great dad to offer your daughter that experience of a lifetime for both of you.:yes:

Thanks a bunch guys it's much appreciated.  Just got out of mountains into cell range helped pack out some more elk.  I hope all of you that are hunting back home get a great buck.  I'll be out with the youngest one when I get back she wants to hunt with Dad now. LOL no complaints from me.