Hook 9 coming down to 400.00 range anygood

chugbug

Hook 9 coming down to 400.00 range anygood

Just found out today there are some hook 9's floating around really cheap but I have seen some bad reviews of the units screen freezing and some other comments most of them not good . Is the unit worth 400.00 bucks does the new software upgrades fix the problems . Thinking about getting one while on sale but dont want to be sorry I bought it  .

I don't know about the software, my buddy has one, shy of smashing it over the head of the first Lowrance rep he gets ahold of he has no use for it, it's even worse than the first elite series if that's possible, I can't believe that Lowrance would have put out this unit knowing all the haters they made with the elite series disaster. I guess there's sucker born every 60 seconds!!

The major "problem" with the Hook and the Elite series are related with the gps side and it's in regard of the speed of the zoom.

There is a update that provide a very good improvement for this problem but most of the guys don't care about doing the update and prefer to stay unsatisfied instead of correcting a problem.

http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Software-Updates/hook-software-20/

• Like 1

I must say that this update has turned my elite 7 around big time!! Les gave me the heads up one this update. If you are struggling with your unit I highly recommend this update!! This update was the difference between throwing the unit over board and actually liking the unit.