for sale : usa Trade 1977 100 HPJohnson for 50-60-HP motor

Trade 1977 100 HPJohnson for 50-60-HP motor

Johnson 1977 100 HP.. clean very well maintained, lightly used... Runs absolutely perfect, strong and fast.. idles beautifully, NEVER starts hard.. Good compression all the way around, and has been extremely good on gas for me.. Lower unit oil is clear and clean.. Brand new water pump, and just fogged for winter.. comes with controls/cable  from the  70's but always worked flawlessly. Has power tilt.
 Its more motor than I want for a 17 ft aluminum center console Grumman I just bought, and I am looking for a 2 cylinder  of 50,55, or 60 HP.. Not  really looking for a  3 cyl, but might consider  a 70, if thats all i can get..
   Looking for something older as this motor is, but well maintained and PROBLEM FREE..      Engine is still on the boat, but controls  and harness have been removed at this time., as I am selling the boat and trailer

. If i get an offer, i can get it ready to run...   Its probably worth $ 900-1000, but I would rather trade to someone that has a good motor but wants more HP.. I want to go the other way.....

I am considering the year in trade value,  this is an older motor, but its very well taken care of, and is problem free.. these old  v4 "loopers" were among the best OB engines ever built... bob

100_2304.JPG