oneida 10=27-17

johnnywalleye

Great to hear MooseKnuckle!! Keep at it!! Things are starting to feel like fall here in NE Pa. Getting the itch to hit a few of the electric motor only lakes that I know hold eyes. Take care my friend!!! 

Edited by pap

Got a 20 incher and a short in the susquehanna river in tioga county   last evening around 5 PM.. Still lots of smaller SMB around, and they are very active and that tells me through experience that the water is still a little  on the warm side for   best  walleye fishing.. A few more frosts and cold nights and the  bite will consist of  much larger SMB during mid day, with a lot of mixed size walleyes early in the morning and again in the evening.. Over the years I have found the best walleye fishing occurs after all the leaves are gone from the trees.. Not there yet.. For me its always been a short window, but late fall is when I catch a lot of good size walleyes in the river... bob

On 11/5/2017 at 8:52 AM, greenhornet73 said:

North shore is still on fire.  Got out for a morning yesterday in my kayak and limited out on perch and walleyes. The eyes are looking very healthy this fall, like footballs

mms_picture.jpg

Nice catch! Are you talking about the north shore of Oneida Lake? I've never fished Oneida, but I would love to this fall. Where is the nearest public boat launch to some walleye and perch fishing there?

Edited by Todd in NY

Thanks guys! Not sure if I'll make it down there this year or not. Carthage is supposed to be 15 degrees Thursday night and 13 degrees Friday night. I'm still cutting down dead trees for firewood. I still haven't had a chance to set up my new boat yet, and it has no fishing equipment in it yet.