I ASKED THIS QUESTION EARLIER AND DIDN'T WORD IT CORRECTLY. I WILL BE COMING TO OSWEGO ON SEPT. 13 THRU 17. MY QUESTION IS WILL THE KINGS, RAINBOWS ETC. STILL BE HITTING IN THE LAKE THAT LATE? ARE THE TACTICS DIFFERENT THAN THEY ARE NOW? I HAVEN'T FISHED ONTARIO FOR SALMON IN THE FALL FOR 10 YEARS OR SO. BACK THEN IT WAS J-PLUGS AND NK SPOONS. NOW IT SEEMS TO BE SPINNY'S AND FLYS.

I WANT TO ORDER FIVE OR SIX COMBOS (SPINNEYS / FLYS) BEFORE WE HEAD THAT WAY. WOULD SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME IDEAS ON GOOD COMBOS TO START WITH SO I CAN ORDER THEM BEFORE WE LEAVE.

ANY INFO WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

i don't think anyone wants to predict what will be going on this year in mid-sept.there will be fish in the lake.if all the matures have run the next year class can usually be found off shore.in mex. bay it would be a longer run to 180fow and up for 10-15 lb fish.if they haven't run , they should be shallow and j-plugs,spoons and even flys will work.biggest problem then will be boat traffic.i'm still somewhat new at this and can't remember a season like this one,the waterin all the tribs is high and when the fish showed up they seem to moved in closer and out of temp faster than i am used to.i hope they hang where they are for a while but i suspect they may run early this year.roll the dice and come on out.

You should be ready to fish the river or the lake. I head offshore about 2-3 miles and setup for next years fish, the fight and taste better anyways, along with them are all the steelies you will want. Last year we were offshore and did a 11 fish morning with a mix of steelies and kings ranging up to 18lbs, and all of them were chrome. It is a spoon and flasher fly setup, with riggers,dipseys and copper. Keep an eye on the reports so you will have an idea what is going on. Good Luck.

Rich