surprise silvers on our last trip?

North shore Tunas on the green krinkle?

Not quite lol but on a more serious note, Nick has been trying to book this trip for years and we finally got the weather to do it last week! 

The trip was down to North carolina fishing the outer banks off Oregon inlet but i figure a couple of you guys on here would get a good kick out of this.

Heres the recap of our trip

We really are a very similar style of fishing but man do tuna rip.. and the rigs are insane! (100 pound flouro, crimping rigs on... so much for my baby knots!) I cant imagine fish over 40 let alone fish over 100.. lol

Maybe one day we will be able to give those big boy tunas a go!

Cheers,

Dan

(Side note, Mods if this is a no bueno post for this forum i totally understand and wont be sad if it gets taken down..)

Edited by danne134

Nice job on the video Dan. It sure gives new meaning to the complaints of many freshwater fishermen as to the costs of equipment etc. :lol: At least you didn't have to deal with the seals grabbing your bait right off the hook like happens on the west coast:lol:

Edited by Sk8man

I'm a little confused with this topic? Silvers usually refer to Atlantics, rainbows, etc... caught in the Finger Lakes. So what does catching Tuna in NC have to do with the topic headline?. I guess I must be missing something here. Lol. Great video by the way!!!

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

Silvers are anything other than lake trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Yes I know but I thought that only related to freshwater salmon and trout. What does tuna fishing have to do with silvers? What did i miss here?

19 hours ago, bandrus1 said:

nice, how much did you wind up with after cleaned 

I think we had about 30 pounds of meat.

6 hours ago, Sk8man said:

Nice job on the video Dan. It sure gives new meaning to the complaints of many freshwater fishermen as to the costs of equipment etc. :lol: At least you didn't have to deal with the seals grabbing your bait right off the hook like happens on the west coast:lol:

That would suck forsure! I think things that eat catches and baits are called the "Taxman" dowb in the salt

6 hours ago, MikeyP said:

I'm a little confused with this topic? Silvers usually refer to Atlantics, rainbows, etc... caught in the Finger Lakes. So what does catching Tuna in NC have to do with the topic headline?. I guess I must be missing something here. Lol. Great video by the way!!!

I was trying to be funny. I failed miserably lol

Thanks for the feedback guys! 

Thanks for the report. We fished out of Oregon Outlet this past August on the "Fishing Frenzy" boat and caught Blue Marlin, White Marlin, a Sailfish and a bonus 45lb. Wahoo. Can't wait for next August. Charters are a little $$ but they motor far offshore and work hard to find fish. 

12 hours ago, twinmotors said:

Very cool video! Obviously a lot of work editing! Looks like a great trip!

Sent from my Pixel using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks Twinmotors! Yea lots of work but totally worth it!! Great memories all around! Its nice when people can actually appreciate the editing hours going into these snippets so thanks for that!

9 hours ago, UNREEL said:

Thanks for the report. We fished out of Oregon Outlet this past August on the "Fishing Frenzy" boat and caught Blue Marlin, White Marlin, a Sailfish and a bonus 45lb. Wahoo. Can't wait for next August. Charters are a little $$ but they motor far offshore and work hard to find fish. 

that sounds like a pretty exciting day! Yeah if you are able to get 6 paying guys together the trip becomes a fairly affordable vacation which alot of people dont even realize.. 4 days ran each person around 550 a person.. Not bad at all for an annual trip!