Cape Cod

BC FD

Planning a trip to Cape Cod next year. We have a 21’ Mako CC we plan on taking. We would like to stay in a campsite that has water access but I haven’t been able to find any yet. We have a slide in camper to stay in. We were hoping to stay around the Sandwich area and drop the camper off of the truck to explore.

If anyone has any information on camping and or the fishing including time of year I would be very appreciative.

Thanks .

Mitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Give the chamber of commerce a call they can point you in the right direction. Not confident you won’t have to drive a bit to launch and pull

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I know it is a ways from Sandwich (e.g. further out on the Cape) and not right on the water but Nickerson State Park is a huge and  pretty incredible camping area in Brewster and there are a number of launch sites nearby with access to good fishing and quickly trailerable.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks for the info. I was looking at state parks but they all seem to have a no alcohol rule.
We are not big drinkers but a couple of pints at the end of the day around a fire pit usually is a nice thing.

I think as long as you are discreet about it there shouldn't be a problem at least at Nickerson....the place is HUGE.

Something else is that you would be close to fishing "options" as the bay side (e.g. out of Rock Harbor launch for instance) can be fishable even if the ocean side is too rough but you have either option quickly available to you.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks. I’ll look into it. I am going to call a couple of the local tackle shops to get a little info from their perspective.

Got a couple of trips to Port Charlotte Fla. first to get in and pick up my salt water tackle.

Looking forward to that at the end of the month.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi Les.
Just a quick question related to the earlier posts from the new post about Cape Cod started yesterday.
Hope that makes sense.
I saw someone posted about Stellwagen Bank. I was looking for a launch in Provincetown. Seems to be one but with not much parking.
You seem to be fairly knowledgeable about the area.
If we get a call day out that way would it be worth the drive from Wareham for a days fish or is it going to be a gong show trying to find a parking spot for a 4 door F-250 and a 26’ boat trailer?
Thanks for any more info. Your previous comments helped .
Mitch.

Hi Les.
Just a quick question related to the earlier posts from the new post about Cape Cod started yesterday.
Hope that makes sense.
I saw someone posted about Stellwagen Bank. I was looking for a launch in Provincetown. Seems to be one but with not much parking.
You seem to be fairly knowledgeable about the area.
If we get a call day out that way would it be worth the drive from Wareham for a days fish or is it going to be a gong show trying to find a parking spot for a 4 door F-250 and a 26’ boat trailer?
Thanks for any more info. Your previous comments helped .
Mitch.

The closest boat ramp that your going to find to P town is going to be in Truro to get your boat in. Pamet river boat launch is going to be your best bet just watch out for commercial days for stripers the launch can fill up fast. It’s 10 bucks for the day and you’ll have no problem parking your truck and trailer. Fishing down that way can be worth the trip it just depends on what time of the year you plan on making the trip and what your after. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sorry Mitch I just now saw your post. I think the above is right as far as Truoro closeness to P Town. There is also the municipal launch at Wellfleet harbor but that is not nearly as close as Truro but there is a lot of parking there and a great seafood place right there on the wharf:). Provincetown itself is very crowded and the parking is pretty much limited to the pay lots which are VERY congested and I'm not sure the launch is a public one or justfor the localsand charters etc.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Looks like we are doing a trip to the cape also for stripers , taking are own boat for more possibilities rather than surf fishing , so end of June into july are we going to have a hard time finding rooms at a decent price with the summer tourist season in full swing or are there places to stay that are reasonable   . Also what area should we concentrate are fishing on so we know where to look for motels . Appreciate any help at all !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Truro is good place to launch, tide depending though. Rock Harbor tide dependent also. I just came from there, was there for a week. Caught stripers 24 to 48". Most were 32", larger ones coming in approx 2 weeks. Many places to camp, not really any one the water with launch. I go there 6-8 times in the summer, stay at our house in Brewster and launch from Sesuit. Have 16' center console and love fishing there. Live in upstate NY. Need help let me know, I know the area and places to fish. Good luck

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the update. Wife was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly after I first started this post. Had surgery and second chemo tomorrow . Prognosis is very good. Summer is on hold right now. Hoping to get out with her next week to do a little fishing. Get her mind onto something else.
Plan is for Cape Cod next year at this point.
Hoping to take her south in November to grab a little sun and relax. Hold off winter for a while.
Please keep me updated on how everybody does on the Cape. It will keep me going for next year.
Mitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best wishes for a full recovery for your wife. You've got your priorities straight...family first fishing scond:smile:

Thank you. Hoping to get to Henderson Harbour with her for a couple of days next week or the week after between chemos. We try to get down there every year. Would be a good time to get away.

Might want to keep in mind that chemo is brutal on one's system and nausea is a major side effect so you may have to adjust your plans or amoutn of time out there.

For sure. This week is the second week after chemo and things went extremely well. It will be a last minute decision and left up to her. We have a renowned oncologist and had a meeting with him this morning. He was extremely pleased with how things are going so far. Just trying to get away from the same 4 walls.