Cayuga 11/8

I was out there this afternoon as well.  Landed 3 lakers and an 18" LL.  Got the LL today in about 68 fow. Haven't gotten any big LL in a few weeks.  Couple of 5-6 pound rainbows 2 weeks ago.  Wasn't marking as many fish as usual today. I saw a lot of big fish jumping in shallow though, 30-50 ft from shore.   

Nice, yeah I was just a bit south of there and decided to try in a little shallower today.  Saw the fish jumping and wanted to go even shallower.  I was fishing the area you mentioned and doing great there a few weeks ago.  Hopefully we'll get some more sunny days without too much wind this November. Nice day to sneak in some fishing.

Keep'n  it reel I left another copper on the bottom for you! I broke this one on the the braid backer. I didn't even have a fish on. I checked my roller rod and found the guides had groves worn in them. The burr must have cut the braid. If you find that one you will have a nice bright new copper 600'. My own fault for not checking my equipment. I could have marked it on my gps but I was so dumb founded I didn't think to do that. Good luck Sunday!  Wes

Wes - often it is not the groove that gets ya it is that the wire slips  between the roller and side plate if the wire diameter allows it. It can happen with stainless wire and especially braid  as well. You might want to check that as well as sometimes the little nut needs to be tightened or the side plate may be bent.

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks Les. I will check that. All I did was move the rod from one side of the boat to the other.  Its hard to believe that copper as soft as it is could wear a roller. I was looking for replacement rollers and it looks like that would cost more than replacing the rod. I think I am going to try the weighted wire next season. Wes

Real nice day, not super productive.... fished 10:30 to 4. Landed 5 Lakers and 2 small bows. All the bait on the bottom most marks 90- 120 down. Missed a lot of hits fish didn't seem very aggressive. Fished down to tag. Nothing. Gunned across the lake no bait south of Aes. Tried search 100 and lower no marks....next weekend:)

Sent from my SM-S902L using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sorry for the late report I was out Sunday and caught tons of fish salmon browns bows and even a few lakers mostly a spoon bite but did have a few sticks going from time to time temps are cooled down nice but still catching good solid browns on the offshore side lots of things it was a lot of fun for sure! Good luck to all be safe have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United