Sold / Closed 1980 evinrude 15hp, 2 stroke

1980 evinrude 15hp, 2 stroke

SELLING MY 1980 EVINRUDE 15 HP 2 STROKE  OUTBOARD, LONG SHAFT, INCLUDES PORTABLE GAS TANK WITH HOSE., RUNS EXCELLENT. IF INTERESTED SEND ME A TEXT ILL SEND PICTURES. $875.00 BO. 315-527-1224.

Edited by usmc64
sold

8 hours ago, usmc64 said:

1980 evinrude 15hp, 2 stroke

SELLING MY 1980 EVINRUDE 15 HP 2 STROKE  OUTBOARD, LONG SHAFT, INCLUDES PORTABLE GAS TANK WITH HOSE., RUNS EXCELLENT. IF INTERESTED SEND ME A TEXT ILL SEND PICTURES. $875.00 BO. 315-527-1224.

Does it charge the battery? Is it just rope start? Tiller steer or controls?

8 hours ago, Todd in NY said:

Thanks. Looking for a long shaft 2 stroke that can charge my battery while trolling.

Google it or check out You Tube- charging a battery from a outboard- adding a regulator/rectifier will turn any outboard into a charging machine as well. At least that's what he shows in the video.

6 minutes ago, Bozeman Bob said:

Google it or check out You Tube- charging a battery from a outboard- adding a regulator/rectifier will turn any outboard into a charging machine as well. At least that's what he shows in the video.

Thanks for the info, I'll do some research. My kicker motor works great, but it is a 1980 Evinrude 7.5, so I'm not sure how much charging power I could get out of it.

Being in the starter and alternator business trust me we tried everything, you can't get enough amperage out of a stator plate type charging systems, they were only designed to replace the electric the starter used to start the engines, that's it, like at 1/2-3/4 throttle they put out like 6 amps, you could that on your toung all day if you wanted:lol:. Yes there's aftermarket kits that pipe big voltage and they do charge 14.2 volts with the small stater and even the newer rewound staters, their peak voltage and amperage is at near full rpms, not ideal for trolling at 1/4 or even half throttle. It's a little better than a battery maintainers. Best bet is to get a kicker motor designed to be a kicker like a Bigfoot or a 4 stroke with electric start, these units have been designed to do exactly that. You can have all the voltage you want, with out amperage your screwed.