Trailering an oversized boat?

Fishnut

This question has been asked before.

The police unit dealing with oversize loads and tractor trailer checkups is woefully under manned and most probably nobody will bat an eyelash as long as nothing bad happens. But if something goes wrong,you should fully expect the book to be thrown at you. Specially if you haul oversize without permit at night.

I would measure your beam at the stern, which in most cases is a lot less than your listed measurement . Thats where they would check it out and if you know it's 9'6 there or whatever you tell them I thought the limit was 10'  /  9'6"  or whatever you come up with at the stern. I tow a boat with a 11' beam 35 miles twice a year and routinely drive by police,they seem like they don't want to be bothered, easier to stop speeders and texters for  there court time..

11 hours ago, Fishnut said:

Thanks all. We were fine. Boat is now in dry storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

AAAH that's nice, may I ask what did you purchase today or yesterday?? Knowing you, you got a deal ohhhhh how wide are the gunnels??

Edited by pap

It was a imperial 280. A friend of mine got a smoking deal on it. We just had to drive 8 hrs each way to get it.
It’s got lots of fishing room gunnels are wide enough to set on. They are really low though.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United