Ok everyone, shipping prices are freaking high, so please don't give an attitude when your told a price WITH the shipping included. This isn't a donation to GoodWill ya know.....Have a great day!

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

17 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

Ok everyone, shipping prices are freaking high, so please don't give an attitude when your told a price WITH the shipping included. This isn't a donation to GoodWill ya know.....Have a great day!

Lake Ontario salmon fishing charters

I agree with the high shipping prices. Earlier this year I was "quoted" a shipping price for a large box on the USPS web site of between $18-$22 with insurance and a tracking number, but when I got to the post office they told me shipping would be $56. That's more than double the online quote.

Edited by Todd in NY

The post office posted a loss of 5.1Billion on revenues of 69Billion in 2015.... I'll bet some bureaucrat repriced all of the USPS products to close the gap..... then paid out huge bonuses to management.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I use the USPS site online to ship anything. You're paying all those high prices because you're using their boxes. I remember the days when they even gave you the tape to seal it. Now they have you hooked, because Priority Mail seems like the only option. The only valued postal box is the Priority Mail flat rate box, and only if you have something heavy to stuff in there. I use the regional rate box quite a bit, their own box (though you have to order them online free shipped to your door) and they won't tell you it's weight based and a better price that's only available thru the USPS website. Otherwise, use your own packaging, and send the box first class. It gets there in the same amount of time, and is 1/4 the price. Here's the site, just sign up and do it all online, mailing label, postage, and even have them come pick it up.

https://www.usps.com/

Edited by sszoldra

I know using your own box, I go to the grocery store and asks for the heavy duty boxes they have, their happy to help. I bought a heavy buty  tape dispenser and I use good tape and not afraid to use it. Got this idea when a old girlfriend got into that Mary Kay shyt.

9 minutes ago, plecos4sale said:

Yes post office sells them. I ship tropical fish all around country. Weigh and print labels all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Oh ya like stated above buy labels I set them up on the computer hit print. Very easy looks professional also!, excellent Idea  plecos4 sale