Orleans County Fishing Report for November 21, 2017

Today is Tuesday, November 21, 2017.

Milder weather seems to be the rule over the next week or two with only a slight chance of snow in the forecast.

Although this is a great forecast for tributary fishermen, I'm sure that the hunters would prefer to have at least some snow to help with tracking their game.

All of the tributaries within Orleans County are offering very fishable conditions for brown trout, steelhead/rainbow trout and even some fresh salmon yet.

On the lower stretches of the "Oak", Perch fishing has slowed a bit, Northern pike are spotty and bass are still fairly active.

Speaking of bass, the season ends November 30th so as of December 1st it's catch and release until the 3rd Saturday of June next year.

On Lake Alice fishing for all of the species has slowed slightly.

The Erie Canal has been partially de-watered but from what I have been told, will be refilled to check on some work that is being done.

This means that when they do the final dewatering for the year, it will provide water for our tributaries well into December this year.

I hope that you all have a happy and safe Thanksgiving this year.

From Point Breeze on Lake Ontario, the World Fishing Network's Ultimate Fishing Town USA and the rest of Orleans County, let's make everyday a great fishing day right here in Orleans County.