Cayuga 11/24

Friends in from Florida hunting with me wanted to fish so we hit Dean's cove at about 8am. Headed south seeing little on the screen shallow headed out to find the big boys suspended out deep, dropped a nine plus pound fish behind the boat.. dang.. picked a steady amount of fish out deep a few mixed small salmon in. The usual UV wild child iron Duke trolling fly put the fish in the boat. Lots of fish were down 135-150, it's setting up the for their winter mode. Fished down to Sheldrake and found the best screens in 175' worked shallow to end the day and lost two very nice fighting silvers in 45'. Total for the day 19 Lakers lots of little salmon and a baby rainbow..
Water was crystal clear and dark spoons and small spoons were the shallow ticket. Water temp on top 47 degrees.
Only one other boat launched outta Dean's that am.. perch guys!! IMG_20171124_132419238.thumb.jpg.bc018682f8bac62691c79faa99c9ce37.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Stay away from Sheldrake. Theres no fish there... LOL...

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sheldrake... I meant to say Milliken, lol! But seriously the fish weren't there like usual, bait was pasted on the bottom in 175' and most of the big fish were suspended in the middle of the lake. One great thing about not having to winterize is the next warm day I'm headed out again, lol!!

Sheldrake... I meant to say Milliken, lol! But seriously the fish weren't there like usual, bait was pasted on the bottom in 175' and most of the big fish were suspended in the middle of the lake. One great thing about not having to winterize is the next warm day I'm headed out again, lol!!

LOL... I spent a lot of time fishing at Sheldrake with my Dad for many years. It was the first place I fished from a boat on my own and I ran 2- 5 leader rigs. I caught 3 fish that morning while my Dad fished around me from another boat and kept and eye on me. I was only 13. With all the nice weather we are still having, I hope to get Marlene out once more, but winterizing sucks... Thanks for the report!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes big flocks of geese and many ducks not close enough to identify but lots of birds..

Last year this time, I trolled right up to a red head wish I had a good camera, the pic woulda been awesome. He would've looked good dead too! Lol

JOhn,

How long of a fly leader are you running with that big paddle?

30-36" the other key is running a 14' leader of 30lb mono from the dipsy, hand lining em in.

You can shorten up the fly distance in the summer with more active fish.