Uses for 2” spoons

My daughter has heard me speak of spoons so she bought me 30 2” spoons for $10. They are all different styles and colors. I’m just not sure the best way to utilize them. I am used to larger trolling spoons. Any insight is welcomed thank you in advance. 

She gave you a great gift. They (in general and depending on which ones )  work great on the Finger Lakes especially on rainbows browns and landlocks. Usually they are quite speed tolerant and seem most effective when trolled fast. They work great on sliders off the riggers too.

Edited by Sk8man

WOW dude, did she ever give you a nice gift!! I mainly fish for walleye and the 2-1/4” spoons for eye or browns ect. You can long line them but I mostly run them off the boards for shallow I use a 1/4oz split shot a rods length away from the spoon. For 10-15ft I use snap weights and for deeper I’ll use the tadpole systems which really work nice from a number 1 to the number 4 in the tadpoles. Or like mentioned above run them off the riggers. They will produce!!! 

OOHH Yea, those will produce, like mentioned on a slider, or a small board in close to shore with a split shot just to keep them under the first 5ft of water.

I recently spoke to a guy that fishes Lake Erie. He said he mainly uses 2” spoons for walleye, behind jet divers, and frequently limits out with that set-up. If any of those are heavier jigging spoons, I would use them for ice fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

There's no better advice than what's already been given. I've had good luck with Apex 1.5's on sliders which are designed & used for Kokanee but have worked well in Lake O! They also work great for Walleye in Lake Erie. A buddy of mine fishes them out of Port Burwell.