Sold / Closed 1980 Blue Fin

Hi All, I'm brand new to this page, I am trying to sell one of my fathers boats. A fellow sporting acquaintance informed me of this page so I figured, what better place to start than here. Long Story short, I lost my father in a car accident over a year ago so I do not have the exact information about this boat on hand, but remember most everything he told me he did with this unit.. He registered the boat for the first time after rebuilding it, the day before his accident, but the registration was in the truck, which became engulfed in flames... and lost. But can acquire new at the DMV upon transfer. He rebuilt and tuned a 1980 Blue Fin, the boat is 18' long I believe. It has a tuned 115hp Evinrude as well as a 9.9 tuned Evinrude. Comes with Down and Out Riggers. A Bimini Top and Single axle trailer. We are asking $3,000/ OBO. We are open to any reasonable offer, need it gone! But can't just give it away. For now, we are selling as a package. Had many offers for the 9.9 alone. The boat is located currently in Macedon, NY.

I'll do my best to answer any questions.. Thank you all!

Bryan 

Resized_20170220_161528.jpeg

Resized_20170220_162127.jpeg

Resized_20170220_162154.jpeg

Resized_20170220_162207.jpeg

Resized_20170220_162234(1).jpeg

Edited by XDEADXEYEX

That boat is a 1984 from the way it looks, there is a tag on the back, right side on the transom that should have an 84, 85 or 86 in the number.

Likewise from the pictures it looks like it is a 21 ft-you should measure it if you haven't already, just looks longer than 18 to me.

The Blue Fin Royal Line first year I think was 1984-I know it was not 1980.

That information should help you sell it.  

Looks like a 21 ft'r to me.   I have an 18 ft Royal line from '84. (same exact windshield)  Came with a 75 E-rude with Max rating of 115.  You won't find a sturdier aluminum hull than the Blue fins. 

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Those motors alone are worth what your asking for the whole rig, my kicker motor was the exact same that treated me very well!! best of luck don’t get disgusted as this is the worse time of the year to sell a boat:yes: :yes: The holidays are so near!! I’d put it up or keep it up till the early season guys get antsy!!

Thanks all! I will check that out, Sorry i was away from the computer for a few days.

I swore it was a 21ft boat as well. But I faintly remember seeing the registration before it vanished., stating 18". I could be wrong. I didnt think i would get much for hits this time of year. If it doesnt sell this winter, I have a cottage near Sampson on Seneca Lake where it will be taken and set by the road side. Not looking to make a killing off this boat, but not a hit either.  

Pap, what do you think a good asking price would be for this setup? When the right time of year approaches. I was going to raise the price some, come early Spring/Late Winter if it does not sell and I move it to Seneca Lake. Of course any reasonable offer would be considered..

Thanks again everyone. 

As far as price goes, you are in the ballpark.  Age will slow potential customers down.  And trust me, there is no pot of gold to be gotten in the spring.

If someone wants to buy, time of year is irrelevant because right after the first of the year, fishing shows will start and buyers will start to think.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So this boat does not have any papers and you do not know the year it was built and you do not know the length. hmmm.

According to the picture, the last time it was registered was in 2007. 

In my opinion this is a lot of problems for potential buyers.

I would ask the seller prior to jumping to conclusions.  If there is an estate involved, DMV will be helpful in accommodating the paperwork issues, I have witnessed that happen myself with a marina auction.

Secondly, none of these pieces have a title, just a transferable registration.   That is a whole lot easier.   As always any buyer of anything should follow and check  the paperwork and contact DMV before forking over the cash.  

Again, buyers need to use their heads first and communicate with the seller and DMV.

Edited by MCF

The estate of my fathers, should be settled this month, next at the latest. All/any paperwork for any of his belongings is in my sisters possession as she is the estate executive. I had a feeling this may cause controversy for some. All it takes is a trip to the DMV to transfer ownership. If the boat is not purchased before the estate settles. The boat registration will be in my name(within a few weeks), and in my possession as well. Therefore when the boat is purchased one day. I will have all paperwork necessary for transfer. I knew very little about this boat as I lived nearly 2 hours from my dad, while he was alive, and he had the boat stored at his friends house while rebuilding. The boat sits at my sisters home now until Estate settles, so any questions that I cant answer, I have to personally visit the boat and acquire.  Once the boat is in my name, I will transfer it to our cottage on East Lake Rd Seneca Lake and it will be out for sale.