to many wires going to my batteries

tim

I am redoing an Islander I bought and have a question. Between the 2 fish finders  I troll  Fish Hawk Radio downriggers etc.  I have way to many wires going to my 2 batteries. I thought about bus bars but I don't have room to mount them next to the batteries and that is where all the wiring ends up. Anyone have any ideas.  Thanks Tim

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:46 AM, Legacy said:

X2

this is the one I use. actually I use 2 of these. (leaves room for expansion)

Edited by Fishnut

On my Islander I put a fuse block next to the helm behind the side cover. In addition I also added a shut off switch in the wire toward the battery, mostly because sometimes the electronics on the boat either "leak" power or get forgotten when it is shut off time. That way a little red light reminds me to shut off everything off with one switch.

Edited by rolmops

these blue seas fuse boxes are great. i just installed one on my boat but they are made for breaker box expansion on big boats. so if you install one make sure you put a  fuse between the battery and the fuse box. 

Edited by shawn393

The fuse advice is great !

I put one into my Lund after I found smoke coming out of my transom.  The accessary wires had rubbed against the internal transom. The dash fuses did not blow as they were intended to.  Instead wire in seeking a common ground burned its way to the sending unit on top of the internal fuel tank. I had turned off the ignition just in time. Now I have a fuse block connecting all my wire with individual fuses just before the battery and the battery itself is only connected with two leads.