Reel repair??

Xxx

There used to be a guy on here that mentioned he does reel repair also other than (Tuna Tom excellent service) would like to give this other man a shot. If anyone has this fellows number or name sure would appreciate that!!

13 minutes ago, pap said:

There used to be a guy on here that mentioned he does reel repair also other than (Tuna Tom excellent service) would like to give this other man a shot. If anyone has this fellows number or name sure would appreciate that!!

Pap call me ..Rusty...484-239-4723

Awesome! Thanks Pap! I will give this fellow a try after the Holidays quiet down and I go through my gear getting ready for Spring walleyes. I know I have a couple reels I would like to get back to prime shape. 

Hey I hear ya!! I have a few reels bought used, I’m going to be putting into action for my walleye spread, so if there’s any glitches with them away they will go. One thing I wanted to say also, is I started out with Cabela’s brand line counters, and I sent them out to Tuna Tom and they came back a lot better of a reel, there drags suck, but now they are almost as smooth as the rest of the reels in the $70-109 range reels. Now they still have their glitches as all reels do. They run way smoother and the drags are great. Some of the smaller reels only have like 10-12#’s of drag now I checked them on my digital fish scale and they all have about 18#’s of drag and the dm 30’s and the dm 45 has 20 pounds of drag and before they had 17#’s of drag. They advertise 18 pounds but that’s getting to nit-picking for me.

I've given Dick multiple reels and he does very good work. I've been in his shop. He has walls of parts and will locate what he doesn't have. He also restored one of my grandfathers rods that I didn't want to get rid of for sentimental value. He will even build custom rods. Great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United