Flashers and flies

Hello guys. I'm going to be going into my 2nd full year of trolling for trout and salmon on Lake Ontario. I'm want to put together an order of flies. From what I have learned and you guys have posted what works this is what I have a list of possibilities.

42nd fly, Big Fin, Crinkle Green, Green Hammer, Mirage, NBK, Pro/am and Stud.

I do have a hand full of flies. I have the Stud, Pro/am, Crinkle Green, Big Fin. I may have a couple more but not sure on color. I would like everyone opinion on what works on the west end. I fish from the bar to the Oak.

I do have a few more questions.

Is it a good Idea to have some uv and glow flies and at what times of day should they be used ?

For flashers what are the best colors ? Right now I do run 11" pro troll and some spin doctors.

For the most part I try to run 6 lines. 2 riggers, 2 dipsy and two boards. I have read that most newer fishermen tend not to run enough flies. A lot of the time I will run and 2 flies and 4 spoons. Is that too many spoons ? We have done pretty good over the last year. But still in search of that great day some of your have had. We will get a couple a d it seems to go cold. Our best day we went 6 for 10. 5 steelhead and a shaker king. Wasn't what we were looking for but is was a lot of fun. Sorry if this got long winded. I appreciate the input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ok. Thanks. Awesome king. How many flies do you normally run ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We run as many as needed, (sometimes every rod) we fish fingers a lot with tons of success on LL and Lakers with Mike's flies. but some days it's a spoon bite, spread em change em rearrange em, lol ! Ontario is about getting a good troll with down speed and temp. So many factors as to what the kings want if you find them..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sounds like you have a good selection of flies already , I would probably add one or two with a little glow in them ...
8" spin doctor white glow crush with green dots and uv 2 face paddles are hard to beat

minion trolling flies
like us on facebook

• Like 1