calling all dogs

bondouley

12 minutes ago, pap said:

Ha ha Chas, yea we save all our scraps also. Thing is it’s gone till we get back.:lol: so merry Christmas mr. coyote.

I'm hoping when I drill through it and stake it I can shoot them out the back window. I'll have my red spotlight and car battery all setup ready to rock. I have some big ones running around and would love a whack at them.

• Like 1

You know back in the day they use to put big triple hooks thru a hunk of meat and hang it above a bone pile about 4 feet off the ground after the dogs started working the pile. The next day there would be one swinging. At least that’s what my grandpa use to tell me.
I’m pretty sure this wasn’t legal but it was effective, he use to say. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

You know back in the day they use to put big triple hooks thru a hunk of meat and hang it above a bone pile about 4 feet off the ground after the dogs started working the pile. The next day there would be one swinging. At least that’s what my grandpa use to tell me.
I’m pretty sure this wasn’t legal but it was effective, he use to say. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Fishing in the off season....lol
  • Like 1

I am planning to go out for my first set ever Sunday morning.    The wife will be picking her sister up at the airport with the kids so it should be the perfect time for me to hunt.  We shall see how this goes.   Any tips are welcomed.   

I am planning to go out for my first set ever Sunday morning.    The wife will be picking her sister up at the airport with the kids so it should be the perfect time for me to hunt.  We shall see how this goes.   Any tips are welcomed.   

Good luck! What are you using for calls? Type of area your hunting? Decoy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

21 minutes ago, bondouley said:

Good luck! What are you using for calls? Type of area your hunting? Decoy?

I am hunting Wayne county. I plan to use a fox pro caller with feathered decoy attached to it.  I will probly try various sounds but mainly dog vocalization  in areas I see coyotes while hunting.    Unfortunately I am located in Hilton so I base my drive weather depending for the morning.    

I'd stick with distress calls. Birds. Rabbit. Domestic etc. U may get a fox to come in too. I typically use vocals at night only.

Hardwoods try woodpecker.
Thick and brushy try rabbit.

X2 stick with prey sounds. Leave yote vocals to february and march when they are mating

Image1514073020.042562.thumb.jpg.af0bf90ffc7b8ac508e84d5c42bf080c.jpgImage1514073035.633986.thumb.jpg.21fc282453c906d99c33b9a990eb9d6d.jpg
Calling in fresh snow. Pretty cool. 100 yards with the .204.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great job lad!! Keep it going.
Now that you have one make sure you collect the piss after you skin it. It’s really good cover sent for coyotes and it seams to help bring in the ones that have been educated within gun range. I use a hypodermic needle to extract it. . Tractor supple has them cheap.

Congrats and merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app