calling all dogs

bondouley

Let's keep this thread off Andy and the state regs.... I'm sorry for bringing it up, thread is cool let's not ruin it !
Our ar's have the mag pinned, let me tell you how fun it is to open it up and top load, then to unload u have to cycle em out through. Stupid.

Sorry I had already posted and I agree with you 100%
  • Like 1

Sons are talking about ice hunting tonight. Braddocks and some of the other shoreline ponds provide some interesting calling opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

Sons are talking about ice hunting tonight. Braddocks and some of the other shoreline ponds provide some interesting calling opportunities.

Yes! Works great ive been doing it the last few years

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Streams that aren’t froze. LOL good luck!! They also serve as a good travel routs, all critters need water and if there’s a watering hole open that’s a perfect ambush point for the coyote. For the smaller critters the running water is warmer than the air they will hang out in those areas also, that’s only when we have such brutal cold. Keep both those areas in mind

No pap, frozen bays, streams and ponds. Areas with cattails and basically access afforded by frozen water. Easy travel for predators in areas that haven’t been called in.

OOh I agree 100% with you!! When Beltzville freezes across at the preachers camp side the yotes will cross there, I’ve shot 2 of them right before they hit land, that was a few years back as the lake didn’t freeze all the way across last year. We had them howl on one side, we were on the other, that sucked “it wasn’t froze over” it’s to far to drive around and the chances of them being there are slim, but the water ways are still good corridors for yotes to travel. Hope your boys pull one off the ice, whaler1!!

Edited by pap
  • Like 1

Took my cousin out tonight so he could shoot something with his new "predator rifle" He built a .204 ar15 with a 26" heavy barrel, I bet the thing weighed 15+ pounds with all the dumb lights and bipods and **** he had on it. 1st set we had a yote sit down on the woodline about 400 out and stare toward the caller for 15 minutes. Eventually he walked off somewhere. He didn't seem to want to come play in the deep snow. Next set didn't take long. 2 minutes in i have action to my right and I let him know he has a fox coming in hot and light it up whenever he's ready. You could see it fine once it got within range as it was blasting trough the snow throwing a wake like a jet ski. He hesitated, I barked it to stop, then I heard frustration and a safety click off as the fox ran up and bit the caller and took off. That was my signal to step in so I took a couple shots and dropped it on the run. Doesn't this kid put a round into it as it lifts it's head up while laying in the snow a second later. Better late than never I guess. Lol. He also learned to skin a gut shot fox tonight since that was his mess. Video below.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ha, ha, yea I saw the snow fly just as soon as your shot fixed the Fox, can’t say that it wouldn’t happen to anyone else!! I know how the adrenaline gets the best of ya. I never got buck fever, but the very first coyote I successfully called in after countless attempts and to no avail, finally one came in and sat down in front of me maybe 50 yards. I couldn’t keep the crosshairs on it to save my life, my brother was saying softly shoot-shoot-then his safety clicked and we tag teamed this dog, and my shot had nothing to do with the kill.:lol:

They are running all the creeks and beaver ponds hard by me. Alot easier for them to walk on that then in the deep snow.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Took my cousin out tonight so he could shoot something with his new "predator rifle" He built a .204 ar15 with a 26" heavy barrel, I bet the thing weighed 15+ pounds with all the dumb lights and bipods and **** he had on it. 1st set we had a yote sit down on the woodline about 400 out and stare toward the caller for 15 minutes. Eventually he walked off somewhere. He didn't seem to want to come play in the deep snow. Next set didn't take long. 2 minutes in i have action to my right and I let him know he has a fox coming in hot and light it up whenever he's ready. You could see it fine once it got within range as it was blasting trough the snow throwing a wake like a jet ski. He hesitated, I barked it to stop, then I heard frustration and a safety click off as the fox ran up and bit the caller and took off. That was my signal to step in so I took a couple shots and dropped it on the run. Doesn't this kid put a round into it as it lifts it's head up while laying in the snow a second later. Better late than never I guess. Lol. He also learned to skin a gut shot fox tonight since that was his mess. Video below.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Sweet video and nice shootin !!

Pap, I don't believe that's snow flying....lol. I think it was that was some fox "parts" flying.

Alarm went off this morning at 4 but when I looked out whatever passed through was gone.
When this latest system comes through things are going to pop.

Took a long walk through one of our leases and saw very little tracks. Even the deer are laying low.

35 minutes ago, NymphO said:

Anybody dumb enough to be doing the predator slam this weekend ? ( Besides me ?)

Nope!! They won’t move in this wind. Save your energy for next week it’s supposed to get above freezing??? LOL when I see it I’ll believe it, but that first day, at dusk they will be on the move!! Oh yea I watched the vid again, aaah ya, that ain’t snow:lol:

Edited by pap

Anybody dumb enough to be doing the predator slam this weekend ? ( Besides me ?)

Nope, my partner stopped hunting a couple years ago so now im on my own predator hunting for the most part. My lady is starting to get into it so maybe she will get the hardcore bug

3 minutes ago, bondouley said:

Nope, my partner stopped hunting a couple years ago so now im on my own predator hunting for the most part. My lady is starting to get into it so maybe she will get the hardcore bug

You have a good lady, I see lots of fishing photos and I think a hunting pic. That would be awesome if she would get that adventurous gig and go with ya!!  You have to admit it sometimes stands the hair on your neck a few times till you get used to it, the vocals are kind of eerie sounding.

• Like 2

Years back my wife called me at work. Our lab was in the back yard, at the edge of the invisible fence barking at a large yote. The yote was standing it’s ground growling at the dog.
I told her where the .204 was, how to put the window down, how to brace it, how to take a deep breath, let it out and squeeze the trigger.......
Click!
Wtf, chamber the round and repeat...
BOOM!
“I got it! I got it”
I was at work, kids were at school. She walked out back and dragged it behind the barn. Later that day we snapped a pic, it was pretty cool. Image1515115527.387026.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

You have a good lady, I see lots of fishing photos and I think a hunting pic. That would be awesome if she would get that adventurous gig and go with ya!!  You have to admit it sometimes stands the hair on your neck a few times till you get used to it, the vocals are kind of eerie sounding.

Thanks Pap she is a special lady for sure. She has fallen in love with fishing and hunting including ice fishing. She hunted hard during deer season but we just couldnt get her to connect.

I love hearing that erie sound of the dogs at night. Its the main reason i do it. Its just hard to stay focused and hunt all night long when your alone