calling all dogs

bondouley

I have a pic at night of a mountain lion on a bait that I got a couple years ago. If I can figure out how to find it on my old desktop and pull it up so I can upload it here I will. Even though pa says there are none in this state! It's on a full size adult doe that was roadkill, it's almost as big!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

7 minutes ago, steelydan said:

I have a pic at night of a mountain lion on a bait that I got a couple years ago. If I can figure out how to find it on my old desktop and pull it up so I can upload it here I will. Even though pa says there are none in this state! It's on a full size adult doe that was roadkill, it's almost as big!

Thats what they, a buddy of mine shot one 5 years or so right after he shot his bear. Mike was gutting the bear when he heard a stick break he turned to see who was being nosy and his surprise it was a mt. Lion. With numbers tattooed along side of the tongue that led to a rancher in Montana, now I know they can travel far but I doubt it hitched a ride to Pa. other than trucked into Pa. Hmmm

As quiet as my bait pile has been I’m thinking of putting my steaks and roasts on it. They’d probably be perfectly safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Mine too. 3 bald eagles all day and 1 fox a couple nights ago.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Since I let that female yote have it the other 3 yotes wont come into the field. I know they are still there, just won't come out. They will get hungry enough soon. Feb. I put out booty call sent, they can't help themselves then! Shellfish oil gets them too

Don't take this the wrong way but I am glad to hear this.  I thought I had screwed something up.  The Yotes have not been back since I saw them the first time.  I had a gray out there last night early but it vanished as soon as I lifted the sash.  I have been admiring a rather large red tail hawk ripping things apart and a couple crows that are working in a pair and always fly away at the right time.

Been tough this last week. Last 10 sets have been empty for me. Heard yotes on half of them but haven't seen a fox or yote in last 10 sets. Tonight and last night I hit some really good stuff too. They just won't come play.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That's 10 sets more than I've been on... Hoping to get some time in the woods this weekend!!

Took this brute of a yote this morning after a 2 hour steady run with the hounds and only one short loss only to let us old guys time to reposition for the kill. He tipped my buddy's farm scales at just shy of 50lbs. This guy we ran the week before and he lead the hounds out into the ice in the big O on my GPS at 550yards off shore. Not a fun thing to watch from the parkway. I took him with number 4buck shot along a thicket edge and the hounds only 20 yards behind. What a thrill!IMG_20180117_101031889_HDR.jpgIMG_20180117_100640739_HDR.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

Took this brute of a yote this morning after a 2 hour steady run with the hounds and only one short loss only to let us old guys time to reposition for the kill. He tipped my buddy's farm scales at just shy of 50lbs. This guy we ran the week before and he lead the hounds out into the ice in the big O on my GPS at 550yards off shore. Not a fun thing to watch from the parkway. I took him with number 4buck shot along a thicket edge and the hounds only 20 yards behind. What a thrill!IMG_20180117_101031889_HDR.thumb.jpg.884a1751a87059a956085251ffe740fc.jpgIMG_20180117_100640739_HDR.thumb.jpg.cca9f239501624439120ef6542ecf2b2.jpg

Awesome dog. The lake o stories always freak me out. Crazy what they will do to get away.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That dog even looks nasty!! Congrats to you hunt!! Your dogs looks amazing, must have been tough for you to see the dog that far out on LakeO. Those yotes know that there doing, or they wouldn’t position themselves out in the open like the lake does!!!

10 hours ago, ken frearson said:

Took this brute of a yote this morning after a 2 hour steady run with the hounds and only one short loss only to let us old guys time to reposition for the kill. He tipped my buddy's farm scales at just shy of 50lbs. This guy we ran the week before and he lead the hounds out into the ice in the big O on my GPS at 550yards off shore. Not a fun thing to watch from the parkway. I took him with number 4buck shot along a thicket edge and the hounds only 20 yards behind. What a thrill!IMG_20180117_101031889_HDR.jpgIMG_20180117_100640739_HDR.jpg

wow that is a beast of yote congrats!