calling all dogs

bondouley

My guy picked her up a few minutes ago. He skins 100+ a year.
Very large female, great coat, very “wolfy”. No visible entry wound. Zero blood. He is going to let me know when he skins her out where she was hit. Billy thinks he put it in her shoulder.
Alarm went off at 3am and 5am. Both times were coyotes but the fog was bad and couldn’t get a shot at either. Hoping they come back tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Anyone else doing the Foxpro NYS predator hunt this weekend? Weather looks alot better than the WNY Slam. Always a nice event.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'm in. Will be hunting northern Orleans and Niagara county. Hoping to improve from the 6 foxes we managed last year. Hopefully wind isn't awful and MA nature gives us a hand.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah, wind looks suspect Sat night. Getting snow down here tonight in Allegany cty...after the melt I'd prefer a couple inches. Beats mud.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'd love frozen ground but doesn't look like we are gonna get it. Fields up here are springtime wet. Went and bought new muck boots today because I found a leak in mine jumping a ditch last week. Don't want to do 2 marathon nights with wet feet.

Have had them on the bait last three nights. Going to pull the chip out of the cam over the deer tomorrow.
Tommy went to pull one of our cams on Manitou yesterday and someone stole the camera.

• Like 1

Have had them on the bait last three nights. Going to pull the chip out of the cam over the deer tomorrow.
Tommy went to pull one of our cams on Manitou yesterday and someone stole the camera.

People are such scumbags

Completely off topic but how many of us have re-certified our pistol permits? I did, from what I read, if you don’t by January 31 you may get a knock on your door. Crap situation for law enforcement also.
“Go take this guys guns”.
Crazy

Image1516761434.247387.thumb.jpg.4cb360a9e6e7e4b3361ebd8d8ef275d0.jpg
Here’s a cropped pic

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
I've got a useless tin badge that exempts me from all the NYS bs thank god. As it stands I can only sell/transfer them to other law enforcement officers and If laws don't change I'll have to modify or surrender all of them at retirement some day. How sad is that.

9 hours ago, iiwhistlerii said:

I've got a useless tin badge that exempts me from all the NYS bs thank god. As it stands I can only sell/transfer them to other law enforcement officers and If laws don't change I'll have to modify or surrender all of them at retirement some day. How sad is that.

What if you move out of state @ that time??

Spent the weekend hunting the fox pro bark at the moon event. Awesome time once again with a great excuse to get out for a couple long nights. Did 16 sets Friday night with 5 reds and a grey to show for it. Started the night with 5 straight blank sets on some really good stuff but then killed fox on 6 of the next 7. Saturday night we focused on yotes and smoked one the first set even tho it took 2 shots as the 1st shot splashed on the shoulder bone and it got back up. I'm about done with .204 for yotes. 3rd set called in a pair perfect and I whiffed on a moving target in tight and then made a great running shot to make the save. Then I made the mistake of getting greedy and focusing on the 2nd dog and it cost us. Off to the races the 1st one went. Fml. Wasted an hour plus looking for that dog and then did a couple sloppy useless sets in the mud. Finally got back on track and managed a couple more foxes for the night. All said and done we managed 8 fox and a yote good for a top 10 finish anyway. Fun times as always. Vids below from many of our kills.

FB_IMG_1517183763861.thumb.jpg.d6e08e65a2ee32698b5db269d67b77c7.jpg

Edited by iiwhistlerii

1 hour ago, Egoody said:

I've never hunted them, but caught these on my game camera here in Fitzwilliam, NH

EgoodyIMG_0432Coyote3.thumb.jpg.d95b23a2275f28c70f549ccbf229c77e.jpg

WOW that pic. is a coyote hunters dream, nice shot with a camera.  :lol:

• Like 1