calling all dogs

bondouley

Here's a good one I had to share. Yesterday I was a little short handed with my guys. so I only put one old hound out(Buck). After a while he went down into a creek bottom and jumped a yote , now he's driving him rite at me hard and I look out of the corner of my eye and here comes a snowmobile at me so I know the yote is close now as Buck is only 75yds out so I raised my gun and the guy stopped the machine only to see the whole thing come down rite in front of him as the yote scootes across a small field. I think the guy was more excited than me. O and he pulled the yote 1/2 mile out for me too.14408.jpegIMG_20180211_114028933.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

That’s cool stuff there!! Yea, I know Whaler but with all this rain it was a wash out weekend, I was hoping it would get rid of all the snow but not yet, now its one giant ice skating arena, but near 50’s to near 60’s later this week. Near record cold tonight. Warmer temps thru next week also hope this put the mating season into high gear!!!

Yeah Ken, he’s a beauty. Have a few pics of him and the deer he has been snacking on is pretty fresh. Hopefully he sticks around long enough to kill him.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

My wife has really been wanting to   Come coyote hunting with me.    So why do dinner and movies when you can bring her coyote hunting for date night.    Being new to coyote hunting this season, I brought her out to where I do most my deer hunting as I know that spot is too coyote rich.    I let her do the fox pro caller..... and she called me in my first coyote while actually coyote hunting.   Unfortunately the drag out through 12” snow and nearly 8/10 of a mile Up hill dragging was not fun but she help the whole way.   I’ve enjoyed everyone’s pictures and success and am glad i proved my first success.    I have called a few coyotes  into 30 yards unfortunately some of those areas I am hunting have to use a bow.   
F03D96FC-DDBD-4212-AB1A-3E1688990B85.thumb.jpeg.cd35a3db7ffe9252a4cb2305d4316d60.jpeg
FE045322-3337-447E-A27C-46AF8780FAE6.thumb.jpeg.5d00808ba458dcba8f709dfa606dd822.jpeg

Absolutely awesome! I've been trying to get my fiance out again this yr but the ice fishing has been stellar. We are going to hit the yote hunting hard during march

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Your a lucky man Bondouley!! Sometimes I wish my wife would go, but she doesn’t want anything to do with it, but promotes me to get out there and doesn’t bytch about the cost of things, I’m sure if I told her I need $5grand for a thermal scope she’d get a little “your kidding me right” LOL, I’m waiting on a set of Wicked lights for my 22/250 I have one on my scatter gun.

Your a lucky man Bondouley!! Sometimes I wish my wife would go, but she doesn’t want anything to do with it, but promotes me to get out there and doesn’t bytch about the cost of things, I’m sure if I told her I need $5grand for a thermal scope she’d get a little “your kidding me right” LOL, I’m waiting on a set of Wicked lights for my 22/250 I have one on my scatter gun.

Thanks Pap Sheila is a hardcore chick for sure. We did 2 nights of sets i think 6 total right after deer season but had no shots and only saw 1 set of eyes but looked like a fox. Hopefully next month we can seal the deal one 1 or 2 for her.

I have a wicked light on my 22-250 and another for scanning. Love those lights! As far as $5k for a thermal I cant justify that even if i wanted to. I just dont have the properties to do it on anymore like i use to have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Went calling with Tommy from 4 till a little after 6. Didn’t see a thing but had a great time. Best time for calling yotes is close. The last two we shot were paired up.
The fact that the alarm could go off at any time just makes it a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

I have a couple questions if someone is willing to help a rookie out. First, i read all the time how guys will do x number of sets in a night. How long do you stay in a set with no activity before you move? When you move to the next set, how far is it from your last set? Secondly, with it being breeding season, is there one or two things I could focus on to increase my odds? Lastly, I've been told that they like to make dens in the piles of tree tops after a property has been logged. Is this true? I'm hunting our property in Central Pa that is approximately 400 acres which is all timber. A little over a year ago we had about 40 acres timbered off and it's littered with tops. 

Thanks for any help and I absolutely love this site, seems like a great group of people!