calling all dogs

bondouley

Well my wicked lights came yesterday and I couldn't be happier. Using the light and batteries right out of the box was amazing. Now I have to mount the gun light, and adjust the light to the cross hairs. Last 2 nights were perfect, no wind dead calm. Well hopefully it will give a few more before this damn snow. Here's a few pics of what I got.20180228_093653.thumb.jpg.242b0cc7bd462332f62c007aec22f1ef.jpg

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great products. They will treat you well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have a question, I bought a night vision scope, gen1 I never got it mounted and the ir iluminator quit, I tried all different things to see if it would come on to no avail. So I see wicked lights makes an ir illuminator. Would this make the night vision scope much better! The scope has just a little one mounted on top the scope. I know it’s old but it did work. Or should I just pension the scope. What are your thought of putting a much better ir light on it or will it white wash the scope. Thanks for any input. Kinda bummed out!!

I have a question, I bought a night vision scope, gen1 I never got it mounted and the ir iluminator quit, I tried all different things to see if it would come on to no avail. So I see wicked lights makes an ir illuminator. Would this make the night vision scope much better! The scope has just a little one mounted on top the scope. I know it’s old but it did work. Or should I just pension the scope. What are your thought of putting a much better ir light on it or will it white wash the scope. Thanks for any input. Kinda bummed out!!
Yes an after market ir light will make it clearer than the stock light ever could. You can buy an ir led for your wicked light for $29

Thank jimmac, I thought about this for a long time. Thinking I used to do this with a Brinkman spotlight and I bought the red defusing lens for it but that always required another guy to light or shoot. Now I can go when I want to go. I thought about just getting the headlamp, so I tried it with one of those lights that fit on you baseball type hat on the brim. I was thinking it could act as a double gun light and spot light. I couldn’t get the light to do both. I tried it in the driveway. So the 47i was on sale for $99.00 and the head lamp wasn’t that much more and for a piece of mind I got both. I sighted in my 22/250 today so I could mount the light, everything went smoothly. Now all I gotta do is get out there!!

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United mobile app

22 minutes ago, NymphO said:

She's ready to eat !! Love my wicked headlamp and got a few buddy's with the newer kill lights. Good gear for sure ! Now stop using the wife as a practice target and get in the woods !

Ha ha yea that’s funny I didn’t even see that. Question for you, do you guys just use the headlamp for you gun light as well as using it to scan the area?? My brother in law wants to go with just the headlamps, he’s going to try mine and go that way. In stead of buying the 47i light, and the headlamp.

Nice looking setup Pap.
I use a gun light for the shot, scanpro strictly for scanning. I scan at about 70% power with the scanner, when I hit that coil switch on my gun for the shot I want that light at full power for the shot as well as positive ID if still needed.
Tough part for most is transitioning from scan to gun light without scewing things up.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Got ya, yea I read in the instructions that the touch button cancels the dimming mode. I haven’t made my mind up at what I’m going to do. I’ve never had enough time to be dimming the gun light to a lower position, lights on bingo!! But I never had a gun light either, always someone lighting for me or vise verse. See how it goes.

Got ya, yea I read in the instructions that the touch button cancels the dimming mode. I haven’t made my mind up at what I’m going to do. I’ve never had enough time to be dimming the gun light to a lower position, lights on bingo!! But I never had a gun light either, always someone lighting for me or vise verse. See how it goes.
Biggest thing is just making the transition from scan light to shooting light without taking a light off the dog. Messing up that transition is a sure fire way to send them running.

• Like 1

Pap. I know you've been after dogs for awhile. I'll bet the transition will be easier than you think. Don't over think it
  • Like 1

took my fiance out last night we did 2 sets called in a fox 11 mins into the first set and that was it.  Hopefully the wind will lay down this weekend so we can get back out.  Might have to try some daytime calling

Did a quick solo set. Had a first... 35min in to a yote set (yips, howls, pup distress) a fox came barreling across the field. With pup distress blaring and eyes coming I thought it was on, till I saw big red in the scope.... Ah well. At least I saw eyes

• Like 1

Did a quick solo set. Had a first... 35min in to a yote set (yips, howls, pup distress) a fox came barreling across the field. With pup distress blaring and eyes coming I thought it was on, till I saw big red in the scope.... Ah well. At least I saw eyes
Have had that twice this year. Once with a fox in early November and once last week. Hero fox coming to the rescue I guess. Did 2 sets last night. 1st set a pack lit up as soon as I hit the first howl. Of course they were right behind the house I just parked at and I'm sure found my scent and foot prints minutes later. Next set I had nothing for 40 minutes and then 3 separate dogs sound off when I shut down pup distress. Another 20 minutes and nothing. I would have cut the distance and reset but that crunchy snow had me stuck where I was. I'll get them next time.

We had our maiden voyage last night. Started out dead calm got out the truck at a very good spot that I had permission to hunt when my brother was still with us, so i called Clark up and asked him if I could still have permission to hunt. Of course he said yes. Its a golf course that borders a housing development where the deer ran rampant and the otherside is a huge swamp. Being pretty pumped up as I-we had success there before, I rolled one together with that dead coyote load at approximately 50 yards. Looked like you shot in a lime bag there was so much hair blown of that critter!! LOL. Needless to say it was blowing like all hell up there. I asked my brother in law if he would mind if we pulled out on the account of the wind and he agreed. So we went for a ride at 9:pm. I just didn't want to get spotted in the golf course, as thats about the best place I know of. So no dogs for us. After this storm it should be game on!!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ha Ha, yea buddy that one hell of a way to rid the mange. Holy hell you guys have less snow than we do, all winter it hardly snowed, now I’m ready to hunt and one friggen snow storm after another. Wouldn’t be bad but at nigh the temp falls and the snow gets crunchy. I always used a cover scents on our hunts, I used to use pure skunk as a cover scent I’d use a Qtip and and a cloth pin to hold it to a branch. I bought this Code Blue coyote mist, and I think it works, so I remembered there was a guy on here that advertised scents called Kishels scents and he had the same scents, saying it was pure male scent, makes them think other dogs are invading their turf. I was thinking to spray that on my decoy spinner that should permeate the air 50-75 yards beyond me yet, gonna give it a whirl on the next outing.

They stock them both east and west of me Ken. Funny thing is the bird never saw the yote and didn’t run off till we went out to retrieve the yote.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United