Time and Money needed for the Rochester Pen Rearing Project

LOU Members,

It's getting to be that time of year again for the pen rearing. We have

127,000 Kings and 10,000 steelhead coming. They are housed at Shumway Marine on the Genesee River. Don't kid yourself, this takes a lot of work and a lot of money to make this happen. This is done through the efforts of the Genesee Charter Boat Association. We are seeking financial and volunteer support.

Financial Support: Please make checks payable to

Genesee Charter Boat Assoc., Please note Pen Rearing on memo line

and mail to: Mickey McDonald 303 Wellington Rd. Webster, NY 14580

For Volunteering time:

We need help feeding the fish, there is a schedule online, see times

http://www.geneseecharterboat.com/penrearing.htm

Please contact Tom Widell @ 755-5642, Randy Calus 739-0569 or Ken Biemiller @ 750-8874.

We also need help setting up and tearing down pens. Those times will be posted on the website as they come available.

Your support is needed and appreciated!

Thank You,

GCBA

[/url]

Off The Hook

The Sandy Creek Pen-rearing project has taped into a great resource for volunteers. The local Boy Scout troops have been a reliable and energetic

segment of our volunteers. The Scouts use our project for a number of merit badges which include Community Service, Enviromental Service and Fisheries.

You may want to contact your local troops to see if they would be interested in helping out.

We have also contacted a couple of high school science class teachers and their response has been positive.They will be involved again this year.

Good Luck

Capt. Pat Pullinzi Treasurer Sandy Creek Pen-rearing Project

Persistence-

If possible, could you send me a message either on here via pm, or on my email account at [email protected] and give me the name or names of the scout leaders that have been involved. You raise a great point and I would be interested in gathering some information from them before contacting our local troops. Thanks.

Tom