Sampson state park marina

I thought the state owns the marina. it looks like the state is trying to get out of this marina mess they have created here from no maintance over the years. it sounds to me they have sold this place off to special interest. if they are trying to nogatiate a lease. we have a new owner here.  10 dollar fee to park a car. who knows whats in store for people who launch their boats here. 

• Like 1

if you like your site. mail it back to them right away. you have nothing to loose. something is going on here. I hope its for the better.  every time we see changes it cost all of us more money to enjoy what we love to do. 

The fish dying off .the lake going to hell .most likely a trash burring plant going in close to Sampson park . now the state getting out of the marina at Sampson , witch i agree not a bad thing . could probably mean heavy construction going on . you said your self you sent some of your clients other places due to bad fishing . i think its time to slip on Cayuga or on Ontario , put fish on the deck and better your charter business.  keep an eye on the Seneca area if it improves maybe go back or not ....

• Like 2

The fish dying off .the lake going to hell .most likely a trash burring plant going in close to Sampson park . now the state getting out of the marina at Sampson , witch i agree not a bad thing . could probably mean heavy construction going on . you said your self you sent some of your clients other places due to bad fishing . i think its time to slip on Cayuga or on Ontario , put fish on the deck and better your charter business.  keep an eye on the Seneca area if it improves maybe go back or not ....

Tough call. Can't justify drive to Ontario all season and no tourism on Cayuga. I'll get her sorted out soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

There is plenty of tourism at the Ithaca end of the lake during the fishing season (and plenty of money:lol:) I don't know how far a drive it is from your place Nick but I've spent quite a bit of time at Ithaca while my daughter went to college there and it is a thriving community with people coming from all over the place (with both Cornell and Ithaca College there). It could be a nice scenic  trip down the canal to get the boat there too :)  Maybe partner up with somebody good at Sodus Point for the Lake O stuff. Hopefully Seneca will recover with time but it may take awhile for the previously good fishing to return.

This lake is not dying. seneca lake has gone down a little but nothing like I saw back in the late 60s and early 70s due to lamprey kill and high pesticides from agriculture run off. The water quality has good down quite a bid today from more agriculture coming to the area years ago. hog farms and the return of more wineries. I think its time the EPA get to work here and start enforcing better water quality for Seneca and all finger lakes. I think the DEC should put the lake trout limit back to 3 fish limit again and return the fishing rod limit to 2 poles per man again. have you notice the decline too since they passed these two political laws from our liberal governor just to get more votes. we can't blame the Dec for high number of lamprey again. blame Mother Nature for bad weather when they want to apply the treatments. I havent fished Seneca much the last 2 years due to other interest  but plan to get back again this spring and fish it hard. no way this lake is dying. I hope we can get our marina updated soon. we sure need it. lets get the road paved too. I still laugh at all the money they wasted for 10 high class cabins they could have used the money for other park projects. what we need here is Donald Trump lets make sampson beautful again. you can have those toxic dumps Great Lakes. 

Ah OK Nick I think I got ya on it. I know Seneca means as much to you as to me and I sure as heck hope things improve somehow. Happy New Year bud.:)

If I had a charter boat at Sampson. I would try to lure in some of the tourist that come and go every day. I cant make no money by letting my boat sit. I have to be a little creative. start out by lowering my price to help lure my people I want to take out. offer a different style of fishing. if they want to pull copper, let them do that. offer night fishing for trout with live bait or Jig for them with our modern day fish finders at night under the lights or troll for them during the day.  there is some limited perch fishing during the warmer months but thats hit and miss.  tough racket. 

• Like 1

I learned years ago never listen to fishing reports. most of them aren't true and the better fisherman keep quiet. full time job can cut into a fishing business. you cant live on a charter business here. your full time job is more important.  I wanted to have a charter boat on Seneca 30 years ago but my RR job stopped me from doing it. now that I'm retired and have all the time now to fish 24 hours a day retirement changed my lifestyle.

Good point John. I think you and Nick could make a great team if it ever went that way and I know I would confidently recommend either or both of you to anyone as you are both very skilled fishermen:).

I hear ya Nick, I get it. Thanks Les. Very kind of you! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas....
My wife and I had our first child on 12-12. Incredible is the best way to explain it. I'm warming him up with key words like "Fish! Fish! Fish!" And "get the net! Get the net!" Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

OOh BOY he’s precious, Like Les said above life will never be the same!! You’ll be so busy the first 3-4 months you won’t know how you ever did it. LOL. Best of times are yet to come!! Congrats to you and your wife!!! PAP.