Before then after

ken frearson

Man those are some brutes for sure, I hope the drag wasn’t far, but I would pull that horse all the way to the barn!! What a magnificent buck!! Great job, :yes: :yes:

My farm is in Yates Co. between Canadagiua and Keuka lakes. I have been practicing QDM since 2007 and it really has been paying off ever since. (Photos of 2016 deer).The seed mixes I have been using has been mostly Whitetails Institutes clover and Real worlds plot topper mix . The key I have found is not to let ur hunters shoot 2 1/2 olds and let em get of age. IMG_20161118_145323323.jpgIMG_20161107_122110584.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That’s the ticket right there, let the 2 1/2 walk and you will have deer pushing 140+, you have a great system going on your farm!!! Just all the more proof that it does work, but you need everyone one the same page. I went with my brother on his last trip to Wisconsin to a farm they leased, I’ll be honest hunting in Pa. all my life you don’t realize how big a 140” buck is. Hell I wanted to shoot everyone I saw:lol: they were all huge. I ended up shooting a horse of a doe, which I was happier than a clam, it was the biggest bodied deer I ever shot. My brother shot a big guy, that was his last trip. He passed from cancer the following month in a half;(  That was 2 1/2 years ago. 

The farm is 500 acers and my neighbors I have worked with me the last few years have helped greatly developing a great QDM environment. I have spent countless hours working on habitat inprovement doing TSI inprovement as well making suitable habitat for bedding areas to make this thing work out.The bummer is it takes time out from fishing

Sent from my XT1585 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...