Searching for canvas manufacturers that include side curtains and bow cover for a 2000 Starcraft 196...

Perchlife

Besides possibly finding a somewhat generic,one size fits all, your best bet is a local canvas shop that also fabricates the tubes. Get it done correctly the first time and be done with it. 

That’s the direction it looks like I’m heading just didn’t know if y’all knew of any good manufactured ones available.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

2 hours ago, Perchlife said:

That’s the direction it looks like I’m heading just didn’t know if y’all knew of any good manufactured ones available.
Thanks

XX2 means I second the above poster, most all the guys get their canvas work done by someone who does this for a living, there’s more guys out there doing this than one might think. These guys build your pole structure to your boat and manufacture the canvas work to the frame work that you and the person or persons agreed to. Usually a new boat comes with the factory canvas. Buy the time your boat needs new one they have either discontinued your canvas style and or don’t want to be bothered. I tried to get a factory canvas for my Sea Ray, all I needed was the top, forget about it. This year when I come up to NY. I’m going to have the top and windows replaced. They even have guys that do it on site also.

Edited by pap

XX2 means I second the above poster, most all the guys get their canvas work done by someone who does this for a living, there’s more guys out there doing this than one might think. These guys build your pole structure to your boat and manufacture the canvas work to the frame work that you and the person or persons agreed to. Usually a new boat comes with the factory canvas. Buy the time your boat needs new one they have either discontinued your canvas style and or don’t want to be bothered. I tried to get a factory canvas for my Sea Ray, all I needed was the top, forget about it. This year when I come up to NY. I’m going to have the top and windows replaced. They even have guys that do it on site also.

Ok thanks for the info
I’m actually here in NY in the Rochester area. Do you know of any good canvas guys around this area?

I have.never seen L+M mislead anyone.  Now is the time to set up a appointment, they can be somewhat slow at this time of the season and may give you a break if you tell them your talking cash in hand. Come March, you may get put on a waiting list. I have been told of some Amish people in the Southern Tier that do it very reasonable, but never followed up on who,where, names etc.

Since you’re in Rochester I would highly recommend McCauley canvas in Medina. We did a lengthy interview process to discuss options for a truly custom fishing canvas on my last boat. I couldn’t have been happier with the materials and his craftsmanship.

http://www.mccauleycanvas.com

IMG_0068.thumb.JPG.65d8cd025cade009f163302242ec1523.JPG

IMG_0067.thumb.JPG.db8d558de35de1d04469d50a9c3b7650.JPG

2-piece sides for spring/summer and 3 piece drop. They come together making a 5-piece rear wraparound.

Exterior handrails for going forward on the gunnels.

2-toned with trim piping to match boat graphics.

Future expansion zipper for rear room add on built in to the rear edge in advance.

Sunbrella and Strataglass panels, and premium threads, binders, and sealers.

Owner John's Custom Rods

Specializing in building Great Lakes trolling rods since 1979

First place winner of the 2016 World Rod Building Challenge

That is a sweet looking job, accented in red that is a beautiful job!! :yes::yes: I just had to look at it in full screen!! Awesome, that makes the whole boat sometimes!!

Edited by pap

When I needed a replacement canvas for my 221 Islander, I took a shot and called my local Starcraft dealer. They were able to get a complete package, which included the top, rear drop down, aft and side windows for a pretty reasonable price compared to other canvas shops in my area. I paid less for the Starcraft kit than the least expensive canvas shop's quote. The dealer called me 3 weeks later to say the kit was in and ready for pickup.

Sent from my XT1060 using Lake Ontario United mobile app