Braddocks

Sam N. Slayer

Sounds like you are new to the sport.  I might suggest a little research. Try looking at tip downs on the net and either make some or buy some. I rig minnows on them. As for jigs, it really depends on where you are. Maybe some tear drop style would be best for starters.  I would also head over to a local bait shop like Mitchels on Lake Ave in Charlotte for more local information.

This fresh in from a friend of mine who lives on the Long Pond road. She knows absolutely nothing about fishing and is flabbergasted to see those weirdos who spend all night huddled in a little tent trying to catch little fish.

Yesterday her neighbor brought her two packages of nicely cleaned perch and she prepared them exactly in the same way, but she served them separately. Her family really loved the fish from one package, the other package not so much. 

So what was the difference? The best tasting fish came from Cranberry Pond ,the not so good fish came from Long Pond.

• Like 1

Not for nothing but... I wouldn't expect shi t to tase good with bread crumbs and fried either. If u watched the news they pumped shi t in the ponds all summer it could be that??? Good idea to give some to the neighbor to try first tho

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was at braddocks today. Very slow pan fish were non existent and only saw 4 pike iced. I lost a nice pike and that was my only flag from 7-11. I did meet an awesome guy by the name of Wes who let me son “catch” one of his pike.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Not for nothing but... I wouldn't expect shi t to tase good with bread crumbs and fried either. If u watched the news they pumped shi t in the ponds all summer it could be that??? Good idea to give some to the neighbor to try first tho

Lmao [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, longspurs said:

The **** you are referring to was treated with chloronators before being pumped into the lake.  I'm not sure if they were pumping into the ponds but down by my work, it was being discharged to the lake.

• Like 2

Not what I saw on the news . Pumped it on pond straight from sewer pipe. The pumps down there couldn't handle all that flooding. They probably did what they could do going out to lake but other than that I need more taste reports . Lol I'll try that shi t some time .

1 hour ago, longspurs said:

Not what I saw on the news . Pumped it on pond straight from sewer pipe. The pumps down there couldn't handle all that flooding. They probably did what they could do going out to lake but other than that I need more taste reports . Lol I'll try that shi t some time .

I had 35 from Cranberry on Friday.  They tasted the same as always.  I'd be a little more worried about the taste of those Golden Eye and Long tailed ducks before perch :lol:

10 hours ago, GAMBLER said:
I had 35 from Cranberry on Friday.  They tasted the same as always.  I'd be a little more worried about the taste of those Golden Eye and Long tailed ducks before perch [emoji38]. 

Who said I eat them lmao ... 

Edited by longspurs

Not to step on any toes, but water sampling alone doesn't tell the full story. Lots of contaminants live in the muck. For example, there's a 30 year study going on of the Hudson River. There's so much contamination there, PCBs I think, but they can't get at it without dredging and that would release the stuff back into the water column. Ultimately, the stuff in the bottom gets into the food system eventually.

Actual feces is the least of our worries...

Edited by Gator