Braddocks

Sam N. Slayer

On 1/1/2018 at 12:16 PM, Missdemeanor said:

That's why I don't hunt those birds anymore.... Scoters can be made into slim sticks.... But old squaws are down right gross.

Sent from my VS987 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I just read somewhere Oldsquaw numbers on the Great Lakes have been increasing cause they're chowing on zebra mussels. Can't help the taste. :puke:

Ya if you have to explain a joke it probably isn’t that good. Did you guys catch the sewage discharges this year into the lower Niagara?  I cringe at the thought of those jet boat patrons getting soaked and screaming with their mouth open this past  summer. 

On 1/6/2018 at 12:16 PM, fishfish said:

Google about TILAPIA fish sold at stores. You wont buy it again I bet after reading what they are fed.

They are bottom dwelling Chinese shyt eating fish. My brother in law is very, O you shouldn’t eat this Bla Bla Bla so I showed him pen raised tilapia fish, he used to buy it and boast about how good they were. Needless to say after 10 minutes of the dry heaves, with his azz up around his earlobes, he doesn’t eat it anymore. Every now & then I’ll tell him their running a special at the local Shop Rite store, no reply:lol: :rofl:

On 1/1/2018 at 7:53 AM, Gator said:

Not to step on any toes, but water sampling alone doesn't tell the full story. Lots of contaminants live in the muck. For example, there's a 30 year study going on of the Hudson River. There's so much contamination there, PCBs I think, but they can't get at it without dredging and that would release the stuff back into the water column. Ultimately, the stuff in the bottom gets into the food system eventually.

Actual feces is the least of our worries...

The Hudson river has been dredged in order to remove the PCBs that were deposited by General Electric. The Hudson River valley has the highest per capita rate of cancer in all of NYS.

So yes, everything is relative, but a worse violation does not make a bad one less wrong. Anyway I'll go ice fishing tomorrow before all the ice is gone.

Meloria.

Edited by rolmops

11 hours ago, rolmops said:

The Hudson river has been dredged in order to remove the PCBs that were deposited by General Electric. The Hudson River valley has the highest per capita rate of cancer in all of NYS.

So yes, everything is relative, but a worse violation does not make a bad one less wrong. Anyway I'll go ice fishing tomorrow before all the ice is gone.

Meloria.

Agreed. My points were simply that if you're dying of cancer, a paper cut is of less priority--and that even a "clean bill of health" based on water sampling may be inaccurate.