Lightweight Rain Gear Suggestions

What are your suggestions for summer weight rain gear?  I have shredded several cheapie suits. The only cheapie suit that lasted was a yellow Big Bird suit, but that one is on its last legs. I'm looking for something that will last several seasons at the least. What brand do you use? Do you prefer bibs with a jacket?  I'll spend the $100 plus if I can find a durable rain suit that is summer freindly. 

FroggToggs makes a variety of them at various price ranges. I love mine which are the upper grade ones and I don't remember what I paid for them but I think somewhere in the $100 or so.

Edited by Sk8man

fieldsupply.com has been running a sale on Frabill outerwear for the past year. The prices are amazing...I've posted here about it previously...but the inventory is getting picked over pretty good. I bought the F4 Cyclone rainwear jacket and bibs at the start of this year and I've been extremely pleased with them. They are simply outstanding. If you are fishing strictly 80 degrees plus, though, they'd probably be too warm. Of course, most everything except the absolutely lightest Gore-Tex shell is too warm in really hot weather.

FroggToggs makes a variety of them at various price ranges. I love mine which are the upper grade ones and I don't remember what I paid for them but I think somewhere in the $100 or so.

Frog toggs Toadz I believe are the upgraded model. They are very well made. I love mine also

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I've had a set of Red Ledge for 15 years, used them backpacking with scouts and multiple ice out trips for brookies in AdIrondacks, Have washed them many times and they still shed water like a ducks back. They also roll up and pack in a small sleeve that they come in.

Frabill stuff is a great deal. The limited sizing selection is a factor there. That's high end stuff at a great price.

I found the better FroggTogg line. That looks really good.

The Red Ledge is a new brand to me. It is available at a local store. Ill take a look in person. The easily packs away feature is great.

Thanks for the suggestions. I had not looked at any of them before you folks pointed them out. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the light weight bass pro bibs and jacket I wear it all year from April until its not needed in the morning and keep it on the boat for rain in the summer. Completely cuts the wind and rain out and is comfortable it goes on sale pretty regularly too

I have a bunch of different rain gear, nothing pizzes me off more than rain running down my backside:lol: and the best bang for your$$ IMO are the above mentioned Frog Toads they don’t sound like your wearing a plastic bag, where most all your upper end rain gear is silent anymore!!, if your a archery or any other hunter being silent in the rain is a must. Then you know what quality rain gear costs. Everyone has different thoughts of what’s is expensive is to them, and that’s why I chose the Frogg Toggs, which I wore for years, till gravity took over and my pants didn’t fit anymore:lol: that’s when I saw the Frogg Toads on sale and I’ve been wearing them for years now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

(OP) Purchased Frogg Toggs Anura Jacket and ToadSkinz Bibbs. Fit is excellent. I followed thier recommendation NOT to go up a size to fit over layers.They even recommend going down a size if you are unsure. I am shorter and 2 bills plus and went with medium bibs and a large jacket. Both fit really well. I would normally go with large pants and shorten them and x-large jacket if it were not Toggs. They are a little stiff, but wearable. Sheds rain/snow great. The only gipe is the zipper on the jacket is pretty flimsy. I greased it up with a product called Snap-Stick that I use to grease my canvas zippers on the boat. The bibb zipper is much sturdier. Thanks to all for your ideas.

https://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/AnuraJacket.shtm