for sale : usa Free: Window Blinds

If anybody can use them, I have three 35" wide window blinds, two of them with white slats and one with light natural wood. I also have a single 24" wide with light natural wood slats. We took them off some of our windows a couple years ago. All the pieces appear to be accounted for and they're in good shape. 

Pick up only--I live in Rush, just south of Rochester. I'd like to get rid of them as a set. Please pm me if you're interested. If there's no takers by Friday, to the curb they go.

I just threw a bunch in the Trash,  Now you have me thinking: What kind of fishing Lures or Gadgets could someone possibly make from old window blinds?   Guys: Post your Ideas.  This may make an interesting recycle discussion.           I have lots of old cast iron sash weights that do Not make good downrigger weights as they are too light and just blow back going 5-6 kts.  Figure They may make good markers for shipwrecks with old rope tied to them and some bleach bottles. or even to wieght done some minnow or Ell Traps.

We used to use those old sash weights for running strings of long-line dekes on the Finger lakes, too. 

But I think that I may have given the wrong impression. The blinds I had available weren't old, sash type blinds. They were relatively new blinds purchased maybe five years ago from Lowes. When we had some remodeling done, they were replaced...but they were practically new, reasonably expensive, stand-alone, no sash, no junk, and probably gone from the curb by now...

• Like 1

Ah, Ideas that generate more questions? What the hell is a Seth Green weight? 

"dekes on the Finger?"

When you Google Pictures of these things you get Amazing Pictures!

As far as dragging stuff on the bottom to kick up fish that works really well!  A few years ago myself and a couple other guys tried Sea Urchin Diving. Thake a garden rake and rake the urchins into bags, then drag the bags back to your boat, bring them to the buyers at the commercial docks in Glouster and wait a day or two to find out that those 2 to 6,000 pounds of urchins that you busted ass for only were worth 25 cents a pound.  The boat was totally messes up, urchin spines in your hands & feet and the expense for boat fuel, dive gear & air and the work you had lost money.

The amazing thing I found out was that Lobsters and Flounder came out of everywhere a few mins after all the urchins had been raked.  So we started to just follow other Urchin divers and pick up the Lobster and spear the flounder. Better, Much Better! 

Maybe Ill drag a bunch of Sash Weights around in the sandy bay and see what kind of fish show up.

Apparently they also have other uses as yet unknown to modern mankind.

awci1000817.png

Freshwater fishing-  multiple leaders (usually 5) with spoons run at set intervals on a single heavy duty rod with a heavy weight at the bottom of the main line often wire. Nowadays lead weights about 32-48 oz. are used but int he old days the often discarded old sash weights were used

• Like 1