Yankee's Labor day Report from Sandy

What a difference a day can make! We started in shallow (40-70 fow) and there was a decent picture. We never moved a rod and worked West/North West out to about 150. Got a call from a friend stating that we needed to head out to the stomping grounds of the prior two days as the picture and fish were everywhere. Well, he wasn't lying! We got out there and there was more bait than I have ever seen in my 20+ years of trolling. It seemed as if there was a bait pile somewhere on the fish finder at all times. We didn't mark a ton of fish, but they were there. We got out there a little later than we should have, but we still managed 8 or 9 bites. Mostly steelies with a 2yr old Salmon tossed in the mix. Lures today were all spoons! Dreamweaver SS "Da Shiznit" took a few fish. This is turning into a nice steelie lure! Stinger Orange Crush Stingrays off our 250 wires on 2.5 took a few. Watermelon NK 28 took a fish as did a Dreamweaver SS Area 51. Our riggers were parked anywhere between 30-70 down depending on where the boat and fish were marked. There was a better class of steelies out there today. Nothing into the double digits, but some fat 7-8 pounders.

Besides the floating car pic I posted in the Open discussion forum we also had some fun on the radio out of sandy today. I can say i laughed pretty hard just BS'n with the great guys out of sandy creek. I also tried to trick Jerry, from Runnin Rebel, into taking a picture of my boat while my crew stood in the back of the boat with the water baloon sling shot. It was my fault we didnt get close enough to hit him. Then a guy who I just know from fishing out there took us serious about taking pictures of our boat and wants to pull up next to me to take pictures for me. Little did he know about the water baloon sling shot. Jerry got a kick out of that radio transmission. Well, lucky for him I didnt know him and we didnt launch any. But man was he close enough! Maybe next time Whaler one!!!!!

Hey TEAM Yankee,

I REALLY had my share of fish and laughs today also! This was a Tremendous weekend of fishing for us and the hundreds of bait schools out there this AM was a first for me also. Hey we even snuck back out for 2 hours after noon and boated same class bows and a 24# dark shark to boot.

That is "some friend" you must have calling you (+14 boats) out there on the local radio channel, because his 3 cell phones on board did not work out there, At early AM last day of derby. KEEP YOUR FRIEND AROUND!!!!!!!

Had fun man THANKS

JERRY

REBEL

Im sorry Jerry! I cut and pasted the report form my website, and people would have no idea who a Runnin Rebel is. So......

I think myself along with 14+ boats would like to thank Master Captain Jerry Felluca for broadcasting across channel 72 on a marine VHF radio that there was A LOT of action out in 300-400' of water right off sandy creek west. Jerry is the "friend" I mentioned in the above post. He is "the man" out of Sandy Creek West when it comes to offshore fishing.

Jerry....is that better buddy?

Thank goodness you do not put that much effort into water balloon ambushes!!

AND yes it was us who put the rubber rat under your bucket also!!!!!!

But wait, Billy and I have a mid-winter treat for you also.

Jerry

REBEL

Hey whats up man. How can I forget a bunch of plastered policemen from Maine? LOL You guys got my ol' man lit up! As for the size shirt I wear it doesn't matter. I'm not gonna wear a Yankees shirt or a Red Sox shirt! That so called sport you call Baseball is BORING! I cant believe someone would want to play 160 games and not get to toss an elbow at someone or knock them out. Real man sports have hitting and fouls.

Actually, my ol' man and bro r the Yankee's fans. I just catch all the fish for them.