First Season with new pooch

Not a stellar season, but breaking in a new hunting partner has been a treat. I got Jackson out on several hunts...all new experiences for him... Marsh hunts, field hunts, and extreme late season Diver hunting. We have some work left to do, but he seems to be catching on quickly.... Be safe out there guys1230171635.jpg35506.jpeg35509.jpeg35510.jpeg35885.jpeg35914.jpeg1230171637_Burst01.jpg35914.jpeg

Sent from my VS987 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Awesome! I'm jealous of the canvas backs!! I missed one on Seneca a couple years ago 

Yea...they are my favorite.We specifically set upfor them... over the years I've learned Cans can be pretty wary. I will put out Bluebills and Redheads on one side and separate the Can decoys to the down wind side.
They don't mind mojo's.... but they will flare at Whistler blocks.... I'm not saying my tactics are gospel, just what has worked for us in the past.
Good luck guys..... about a week left.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks man...Jacks did a lot better than I anticipated... Reminds me of my Parker Boy.

My buddy had the Redtail last year. She got wierd as the season went on so he released her.... He has a new one this year and she's a stone cold Killer. Vicious.... I won't try to hold her...not even with the glove... She's batting 98% on squirrels so far.... Just unbelievable to watch... Now with the snow, the rabbits are in trouble....

• Like 1

Thanks Kevin... Falconry is a cool sport. With I had the spare time to do it myself. My buddy spends a lot of time with his bird...
I had 3 new spots to try this year....sucks because all 3 were smoke spots and they got iced out before I could hunt them... Such is life for the late season.