Labor Day Olcott/Wilson

7 -> 2, burned a bunch of gas. Finally think I've milked a Unitroll 6 as far as it will go and have to get a couple new riggers.

Notice no mention of fish?

There were about 40 boats in the fleet today and I never saw much of anyone hook up. Nothing....

Great bait between 85 and 110 FOW with scattered suspended marks between 25 and 80. Threw spoons, flys, plugs at them. Threw the full array of greens and violets then orange and silvers then random crap from the bottom of the box. Nothing. Riggers, Dipseys. Nothing. Actually started running cheaters left and right both off the ball and rubber band stacked off the down lines to get 10 lures in the water between 30 and 70. Nothing. Tried slow (1.5), tried fast (3.4) still nothing.

Took a spin out to 275 FOW and found more bait on way out down low between 150 and 170 fow, tight to bottom but was by that point (noon) having a rigger issue and did not bring my big balls :o There were some marks clinging to bottom out about 170 fow but I'm going to guess they were mud trout.

If anyone ad any luck out there today I'd like to hear about it (and where you were that I missed the action). Most guys pulled and bailed by 10:30. As usual, no radio chatter. Everyone is LOC obsessed and keeping it to the cell phones.