Rigging tracks on Starcraft Islander

bigturk_80

Guys,

I need some advice on how to set up some gear a bit better on a StarCraft Islander.  Currently running 2 scottys, 2 sets of scotty triples, and 2 cannon HD manuals off the back occasionally. I'd like to somehow get everything mounted on something that makes moving things around a bit easier, and also removing from the boat a little easier.  What's out there, what are guys running?  Any pics of setups on similar boats?

I've got quite a bit of space on each gunnel and also across the transom.

I set up my islander with board masts at the front end of the cabin, but with board reels (manual) on the side next to the windows so I can reel in and without climbing all over. Next, I have a forward pointed rod holder for my net so it points forward and out of the way. Now come three adjustable rod holders quite close together. These are for rods that go to the boards. Now about two feet farther down a Bert’s rod holder for a dipsy diver rod and on the corner of the stern a down rigger. This is the setup for both starboard and port. On the stern there are a few backward slanted rod holders to move rods around. I ‘ll take a picture in spring.

All the rod holders are tite-loks, the angled ones and the adjustable ones except for the dipsy diver holders which require better and faster moveability, hence Bert’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I have Traxstech all around my Islander. I have (2) Cannon downriggers, (2) net holders and (6) adjustable rod holders as part of my system. Looking to add some more tracks in the spring. I'll try and find some pics. Boat is all wrapped up in storage right now.

Sent from my XT1060 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Heres mine. I run 4 big Jon riggers, 4 big Jon dipsy rod holders and the Great Lakes Planers Charter Captains deluxe rod rack system with lights and two planner board reels

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_1262.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

Edited by steelfire

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2018 at 3:43 PM, Jakob5pennies said:

I have the 191 islnder also , i see you have a small out board what size motor , remoute run , and mount as I would like to add one to mine . thanks great boat enjoy 

Its a 9.9 Mercury 4 stroke. I Can't remember the name of the mounting bracket as its been on for 10 years. The marina installed it for me. sorry. 9.9 pushes it up to 6 mph at full throttle  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's how we have our islander setup.  Transom board across the back that has a couple of eye bolts secured to cleats.  Six foot tracks on each side.  I had some aluminum pedestals made to fit in the tracks and mounted planer reels to them and added pulleys to some rail extensions off the front of the cabin to the give the mast lines a little more room for turning.  Next I have some vertical triple trees (not pictured) then some big jon rod holders with track adapters and some cannon rod holders.  I can have the tracks cleared and down rigger board off the boat in 10 minutes or less if needed.

IMG_20170703_093816273_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170730_212554637.jpg

Just put a hydraulic lift for my 15 horse four stroke on the back of my islander no more breaking my back trying to raise it or lower it

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 years later...