Meyers Launch condition

• 5 weeks later...

I went out of Taughannock Falls Sunday. 19 foot Bayliner no problems at all getting under the bridge the water is extremely low. There is a very tight Channel under the bridge but it's doable just make sure somebody is watching for the bubbler lines.. The bubbler lines are almost floating so watch your prop

Sent from my SM-G935V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We put in at Meyers yesterday, got stuck in the middle like poplar kraft.  There's deeper water in where the boat slips are.  If you turn right immediately after the wheel chair lift and do a wide circle there's enough deep water to make it to the lake.  This was in a 20' Lund Alaskan with electric trolling motor up as high as it would go.  Good luck to anyone who tries... Bring a paddle just in case.

Pretty good day, 3 browns and a decent LL casting sticks and spoons 3 other decent fish that didn't make it to the net as well.  Lots of follows which is exciting.

IMG_20180225_163514843.jpg

I launched out of Meyers today. I have a very shallow draft boat (Arima) and I had an adventure getting out. You must turn to the right at the end of the mooring area/handicapped lift and circle all the way around the outside boat slip area (in a big U). You can't cross over the middle, you have to make the big U. I got stuck near the last dock before the channel. I never figured out the right way to get through there. I backed out of my stuck and made it through by cutting the corner pretty tight then swinging wide as I reached the channel. Lots of mud kicked up but I made it. Stay in the middle area of the channel. I had the spotting help of another fisherman who had driven down to check out the launch. I owe him a beer for his advice! 

I got stuck coming in in the same area as going out, but got unstuck by using a little motor power.

I ran sticks off boards and only managed to mangle some mini salmon with the multiple trebles.

Oh yeah, the person who said no ladder needed...you are a funny guy. Check the picture out! (I can literally drive my boat under the dock)

IMG_3148.JPG

Edited by 58Johnson

Thanks for the report.  They should start filling the lake today or they might wait till after the snow storm.  As soon as we get another 6" of water its go time for me.  Good luck out there!