Autopilot

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a knowledgeable spot for autopilot shopping? I am in the market for one and need to make sure I am aware of all of my options before I purchase one. I would hate to buy one and then find out there was a unit better suited to my needs. Any info would help, thanks.

Steve 

For what it’s worth Anchor Express will beat anyone’s advertised price on line. At least they did when I purchased the Ray Marine EV 100. I like Hodges too. PS I have no skin in the game for them lol. Good luck on whatever you get. It’s definitely been a worthy tool in the arsenal bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a knowledgeable spot for autopilot shopping? I am in the market for one and need to make sure I am aware of all of my options before I purchase one. I would hate to buy one and then find out there was a unit better suited to my needs. Any info would help, thanks.

Steve 

Research it extensively before you make final decision. Biggest factors you need to look at are size and weight of boat, and type of steering you currently have. Weight of boat should include persons all your gear and full gas tanks. That can vary greatly from what manufacture states in specs.

Bought my AP from Hodges among many other items when I rigged my boat. Found them to be cheapest at time with fast shipping times.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app