WickedGood

WickedGood

Welcome aboard Walt!! Your the second person I know that runs a diesel on freshwater, don’t know the capabilities of that style boat in the saltwater? There’s no one that would know better than a Navy Veteran, my father “was” and still is a Veteran from the Korean War. Thanks for your service!!! May god bless all our disabled Vets. PAP

The Shamrock boats are all Custom Boats. Have never seen two identical boats. Bought this one brand new in 2010.

the Model I have is the 246 CC Tunnel Hull Sportfishing model with a hardtop & cabin under the center console.

Have dive platform duel fish boxes, transom live well, sink & washdowns, duel electric walker downriggers, outriggers, and a lot more options.

a Yanmar 240HP Turbo Diesel.  Diesels last a lot longer than gas engines, get much better fuel consumption and are less to insurance as they are much safer.

they do cost more to buy upfront and oil changes 12 quarts and $70 worth of  oil/fuel filters vs a gas engine are a bit more.

It is easy to tow at only 4,000 pounds dry and hold 150 gallons of Diesel in twin tanks.  once you add all your gear fishing/diving its around 6,000-7,000 pounds.

still gets up and does 35 kts in calm water 2-3 ft waves.   It will handled snotty seas 6-8 ft better than my body will and I usually don't take it out more than 50 miles as  there are plenty of fish closer in shore and when storms blow in it does get wet.  aside from all the USCG Equip requirements once you past that 50 mile line, just your extra safety gear up another $10,000. or more in top of the already expensive gear for inshore.

It works great in larger lakes as it only drafts 2 feet of water and is easy to launch off the trailer.  I am a Disabled Veteran and need help getting the boat back on the trailer which is easy with one person driving the truck & trailer and another just driving the boat onto the trailer.

image002.jpg

IMG_0834.JPG

IMG_0833.JPG

shamrock  port bow.JPG

Man that is a beautiful rig, I know all about needing a hand loading, 5 years ago I was power washing the back of the house off as we were going to have a Memorial Day party. I was at the top of the house “2 story” the first step on the ladder pulled a part and needless to say I fell 2 stories flat on my back onto the air conditioning unit. From my waist to my feet landed on the central air conditioning unit. I broke my back off in the opposite way we bend right above my waistline. They took me in the ambulance to the local hospital and they shipped me to another hospital. Long story short they got me walking again and all plated up inside and out they put plates and they have rods and screws and 3 new vertebrae put in me all took 3 operations and it’s still not right. No more operations for me I’ll live with it this way, because the last operation just made things worse. Their talking about stem cells shooting them in my spine to promote new bone growth so the bone grows around the steel to make a fusion. As of now I’m relying on the apparatus to hold me together!! Things certainly don’t go like they used to!!

Edited by pap

Jesus, Pap. So sorry to hear - you were home recovering when I moved to New Hampshire. I hope you still make it regularly to chase those Lake Ontario fish.

That is a great boat, WickedGood. I managed to get out on a couple Boston Whalers with center consoles and loved the room and the ride.

Oh yea they cant keep a good man down, I do the best i can, the heavy rains a fierce wind ripped the shyt out of my cover so i had to go to tractor supply and get a regular type cover. So stopped at a plumbing supply and get that black foam to put across the top of the windshield. Then I built a A frame for the top support, then just hooked bungee straps through the and around the trailer frame. Looks good lets hope it works as good as she looksLOL that little task took me a good part of my day!!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 7 months later...